Anacortes - runway lighting is very dim

Perk

Can you spot the runway below?

Anacortes is almost impossible to find at night.  The edge lighting is there, but it's VERY dim compared to the surrounding scenery.  This is with PNW installed and FTX Night mode turned on.  I'm using REX Essential+OD Prominent Glow runway lighting, but I don't think the FTX airports use the default FSX light textures replaced by REX?

The AFD says 74S should have Medium Intensity Runway Lighting and REIL (End lighting) - should be pilot-controlled via radio clicks on 128.25.

Is there a way to click the radio to kick up the intensity, or am I missing something in the control panels maybe?

5EqQoX5.jpg

G'day Perk,

I agree that the lights are a little too dim at 74S, however yours seem quite a bit more pronounced than what I see on my setup. Are you running FSX in DX9 or DX10 mode? 

I'd normally make an edit to the original fx files for you to use, however the runway lights for 74S use a common set of .fx files used across many ORBX airports, and any edited files would have unintended consequences elsewhere in the ORBX world. 

I've noted this for looking at for a future SP.

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day Perk,

They ship with the latest ORBXlibs, so if you have that up-to-date then you should be set to go. Another aspect to factor in is that fx files will often display differently on different setups, being effected by screen resolution, HDR/environment settings etc. Lastly, there is a known issue with the FSX engine in that effects may sometimes disappear when your system is under heavy loading (for example, in performance-heavy areas like this). I suspect you might be suffering from a combination of one of these factors, unfortunately one of (all too common) compromises that we designers face with the limitations of the FSX engine.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived