Install Problem [custom files validation error]

Dadtom65

Hi all. Just had to reinstall all my fltsim stuff as my sons bought me an ssd for windows on farthers day and because there was a bit of problem my oldest son ended up reformatting all my drives. So reinstalled most of it and ok. At first did not install Australia SP3, but the other ones, Pacific NW and England and others. the last one I installed was Damyons Hall and the latetest Libaries. Then when starting FTX Central started getting custom files validation reports. Quite a long list. Checked Orbx and saw that it could be because I did not install AU SP3. Have now installed it but still getting custom files validation reports but not as many only eight, but know when trying to select Oceania in ftx central im getting a unhandled exception F:\Program Files(x86\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions\InsertOceania.png. Hope some can sort this out. I did try to copy and paste the reports but no luck. The other Default, Europe and North America are ok. All I need now is to talk my sons into getting me an ssd for FSX He He. Thanks Derek.

Hi there,

when you re-installed FSX did you remember to also install SP2 for it or, if you own in, the Acceleration expansion pack? If not you'd receive a bunch of error messages regarding vegetation textures because the early retail version of FSX don't include these textures. SP2 or Acceleration (which contains SP2) is required for most third-party add-ons, including Orbx.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

what about the current Orbx Libraries, have you re-run its installer after installing AU, as required? https://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs . Unless you're using the new triple installer for AU -- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/71930-ftx-au-sp4-now-available-for-p3d-version-2/ -- the older copies contain outdated Orbx core files that need to be updated by the Orbx Libraries installer.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, thank you for your help. Have tried reinstalling orbx libs but no joy same problem. So think maybe it will be a reverse uninstall and keep checking untill I find the culprit. Do not know what else to do. Thank you derek.

Hi all. Have sorted the missing files so no validation issues, but still have to sort out the FTX Central issue which is the file is named as insertAustralia and should be insertoceania. Which I do not know how to do. Thanks guys.

Archived