FSX Real World Weather question

Pete Wilcox

I am just getting started using real world weather and haven't purchased anything additional yet. In the default RWW engine I keep getting what I first thought was supposed to be fog but now I see it keeps popping in and out at random.

Is there any way to fix this first of all with the default and secondly if I purchase Active Sky will this take care of this problem?

Thanks for any input.

Pete

nHTdO.jpg

HI Pete,

The default engine is indeed very flawed.

I've been using the Active Sky products since longtime now with the latest being ASN and that's definitely the way to go.

Much more realistic and not that annoying unnatural fog... if it's foggy in reality, you'll get a much better experience in the sim with ASN.

Definitely worth the investment, you won't regret... except for not getting it earlier :-)

Stefaan

I got my ASN from Simmarket.

And agreed  with REX 4, that's surely the next addon you'll want.

Got mine shortly after release and it transforms your FSX world so intensly you wouldn't want to fly without it either.

Greetings All,

Don't forget that Opus, ASN and FSG Real Weather all offer free demos so you can see which one plays best on your machine - or renders the weather the way YOU like it.

Respectfully,

Brian

From all the reading I have done their seems to be a good split between ASN and Opus.

I went with Opus for the extra camera options it also provides (which, ironically, I don't tend to use that much at the moment!).

One of these days I might try ASN.

As Brian said; download and trial each one, then decide which you prefer. I would go for REX4 first though, since that way you will see what the weather engine is like in its final clothes, so to speak.

Cheers

Pete I REX textures and use an excellent freeware program called FSRealWX.  I was really impressed with it because I get real world icing conditions as well as fog, haze, etc. just like the payware programs and best of all, it's free. :)

Thanks.  I was actually waiting to buy REX when I bought a new PC.  I just have a duo core and have it pushed to the limits now.  It does pretty well but I don't think I can add much more and keep things smooth.  I've got World Environment X which give me some HD weather textures with little impact but I'll check out the free program and see.

Thanks for all the responses.  Still so much to learn but I've come a decent way in my first year.

Archived