Carenado Kingair B200 - How is FPS in this plane?

I was looking to buy this sometime, either this or the Kingair 90. How is FPS in these in areas around Seattle or ORBX airports such as Anacortes that are more FPS heavy? I figured this would just be the place to ask since I've seen the planes in some people's screen shots.

-Mac

Just tried my C90 at Seattle and ! am getting about 19.5 fps.  As a comparison my Realair Duke B60 give 18 fps, Aerosoft Twin Otter 20fps, default Caravan 20.5fps and Captain Sim's 707 a juddery 15.5.  All of my Carenado fleet are pretty good on frames but then none of them are glass cockpit types.  Trad panels seem quicker to me, the CS707 excepting!  regards, Mark

I find the B200 tears my system in half however the C90 is much friendlier and have no FPS issues.

I took out the weather guage on the 200 as I don't use it - This made the Frames almost double for me. Another classic 'different on each system I guess'.

I fly the C 90 and B200 on a regular basis FSX... Frame rates are smooth flying the B200  when the terrain and embellishments are in low priority but on high load areas there is a the considerable Frame Rates drop and in some extreme cases blurring. All in all generally it is a very good model as long as you choose your AoO's wisely. In PNW I find Bella Coola ORBX add on  a little heavy on the Frame Rates in the B200 but the C90 is great. If you fly  PNW and have Vancouver Plus it can  be annoying when over the GVRD (Greater Vancouver Regional District) in the B200 you need to turn down graphics load almost to default for totally smooth operations.

Statement is purely my own opinion and  every computer operates and performs differently as well my settings may be different than those reading this.

Dreamer

Yeah. It seems some of their stuff is hit or miss. I have the Arrow and Skymaster which FPS is fine in, but the Malibu kills my FPS in the San Juan / Seattle area.

Strange about you guys saying the FPS in the 90 and 200 are different, I always thought they had the same instrumentation. 

Their Caravan is tough on frames in my opinion

Which one? I've heard the Ex version is harder than the analogue one.

I find the B200 tears my system in half however the C90 is much friendlier and have no FPS issues.

I took out the weather guage on the 200 as I don't use it - This made the Frames almost double for me. Another classic 'different on each system I guess'.

When you removed the radar gauge, was the radar on before you removed it, as in saying, was FPS the same when you removed it as when it was off, however, FPS doubled compared to when the radar was on?

Yeah. It seems some of their stuff is hit or miss. I have the Arrow and Skymaster which FPS is fine in, but the Malibu kills my FPS in the San Juan / Seattle area.

Strange about you guys saying the FPS in the 90 and 200 are different, I always thought they had the same instrumentation. 

Which one? I've heard the Ex version is harder than the analogue one.

When you removed the radar gauge, was the radar on before you removed it, as in saying, was FPS the same when you removed it as when it was off, however, FPS doubled compared to when the radar was on?

I know what you mean - Even with the sim turned off I had the hit. Removing the WX guage in the folder made the difference. 

I know what you mean - Even with the sim turned off I had the hit. Removing the WX guage in the folder made the difference.

How would I go about removing that gauge in the Malibu? I imagine they use the same gauge. What you're saying though is that even with the gauge turned off you had a performance hit, however removing it doubled your FPS? Interesting.

No issues here with the 200. Runs like a default aircraft on my system.

It seems to me that you're testing with limited FPS or have vsync on. If both automatically max out at 30fps, doesn't mean that both perform equally, it just means they're just both limited to 30fps.

When I take a default plane like the Beechcraft 350 and compare it to this Carenado Kingair B200 (which I just did) by switching it during flight and allowing the FPS to stabalize, then I'm getting on average around 25fps less with Carenado Kingair B200, which also makes completely sense when you look at the interior/exterior and the added features.

Yes. I do limit frames. 

Yes default and the B200 are both pegged at 30, unless I am in downtown NY with horrible clouds and weather, at which point, both planes take a hit.

So, to me, performance is the same, because I don't gauge off a number the it "can" reach, but I go off how it acts as a whole compared to others in the same situations.

I find the B200 too hard on my system, but I'm only running @ 3.4GHz. The C90 is much better on frames. I also pretty much steer clear of any Carenado glass cockpit planes, they are all massive frame hogs compared to steam gauges. Most of their planes are pretty bland tbh, once you're used to A2A quality.

I find the B200 too hard on my system, but I'm only running @ 3.4GHz. The C90 is much better on frames. I also pretty much steer clear of any Carenado glass cockpit planes, they are all massive frame hogs compared to steam gauges. Most of their planes are pretty bland tbh, once you're used to A2A quality.

Yeah, their Malibu Jetprop is hard hitting even at 4.3 GHz. I screwed up massively when I bought that. Should have gotten the Mirage!

For their planes I have and fly normally (Skymaster and Arrow IV), I find them phenomenal, I just can't see myself spending $50 or so on a GA plane, despite how good it is. I really hope their Hawker 850 is good on frames, I really do. I've always wanted a good corporate jet, and from what I've heard the Phenom is baaaad on frames. 

Only ones I know are the carenado WX files in the Gauges folder.

What are the names of those gauge files? I take it all I have to do is remove the WX files and I'll be good to go - Nothing else to remove? Going to remove those when I get back from the airport today.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, their Malibu Jetprop is hard hitting even at 4.3 GHz. I screwed up massively when I bought that. Should have gotten the Mirage!

For their planes I have and fly normally (Skymaster and Arrow IV), I find them phenomenal, I just can't see myself spending $50 or so on a GA plane, despite how good it is. I really hope their Hawker 850 is good on frames, I really do. I've always wanted a good corporate jet, and from what I've heard the Phenom is baaaad on frames. 

Until you actually purchase and fly a $50 A2A plane you probably never will understand how it can be worth $20 more than a Carenado plane, but if you ever do, you'll know pretty soon why it is. They are so good that I rarely fly anything else now.

Archived