Problem with PNW Lucien (76S)

StiltDog

I have a problem with 76S in the PNW.  When approaching the airfield and at about 1000' I can see the whole runway, but when I drop down and am on finals I get the runway truncated as it sinks underground.  The result is landing in a hill and some serious clipping issues.  I've reinstalled PNW, patched it up in the recommended manner, and yet the problem persists. 

I have Global base and Vector installed, and have tried the airport with both Global Hybrid and North America selected, and with the same results.

Is this a problem with the airport or with my installation, and if the latter, can you suggest how I might resolve it?

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm trying to use AirHauler in your beautiful scenery, and need the airports to be above ground! ::)

Cheers

Did you run the "auto AEC correction tool" in the Vector Configurator program?    That will usually fix most all the airports elevation corrections that need to be disabled in Vector.  There are more than a few...  You can run it again if you ever add more regions or airports.    ;D

Thanks for taking the time to answer this, but I have no 'vector configurator ' program.  I had a look at the forums, which talk about such a thing in relation to the patch 1.15 for Global Vector, but my installed report states I have version 1.0 of vector installed.  I looked in the support section of the FTX website, but while there are Global patches, there's nothing there for Vector.  Any ideas anyone?

Hey StiltDog,

Global Vector has indeed been updated twice, with a third update under construction at the moment.

If you log into your FSS account again, you should find that the download version in your files has been updated to version 1.10 - download and install this. Then go to the release announcement here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77802-ftx-vector-115-update/page-1

to download v1.15 patch and you'll be up to date. There were considerable improvements made in both of these versions (including the AEC auto configuration tool) so it is well worth doing.

Cheers

Jack

Hey,  thanks to both of you for taking the time to answer this.  It sounds like I might still have the problem after the update to vector, but I reckon Orbx will get to patching it eventually. 

In the meantime I'll get the mystery configurator installed!

cheers!

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I've recently revisited the field, and the issue is still there. Is there any chance of it being addressed (along with WA59 Rake's Glen, which has been broken for a long time, too, and now stands out even more due to the proximity of W28)?

Tym

• 1 month later...

A bit of additional information (plus an excuse to bump the thread ;D)... It turns out the ADE file for 76S in PNW v.1.8 is a copy of 77S (some minor differences, but same airport).

Tym

• 2 months later...

Hi StiltDog & Tym

I think you probably meant 76S Lupien PNW not Lucien.

Perhaps you could try the Neils Hotfix attached to Alex's #5 post in this topic.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80298-76s-airport-listed-as-77s/?view=findpost&p=797709&hl=%2B76s+%2Blupien

I had this problem going back some time ago after PNW service pack .008, using the hotfix and Alex's instruction 76S mesh is all fixed and airstrip looks great.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you! it's great to have this one back in shape, it's one of my favorite non-payware locations in PNW.

I must have missed the hotfix... I've tried and it works just fine... ;)

Cheers,

Tym

Archived