Question regarding install as administrator?

jasonstory44

Hi guys. I have noticed on numerous occasions that after I install a new orbx scenery or region ( unzipping to a folder first of course) I sometimes get a windows error that the program may not have installed correctly. I get two options, one telling windows to ignore, the other to reinstall using recommended settings. I've tried both and haven't noticed much difference.

I must admit, I believe I sometimes forget to run the install.exe as administrator. Could this he the cause of the warning after install? And second, although most the regions and airports look great I occasionally notice an anomaly or difference from some of the screen shots on here. Could this be why?

I guess my final question is, if this has been a big faux pax on my part, can I just reinstall them on top as administrator or will this make matters worse?

Oh yea, running prepar3d 2.2 on windows 7.

Thanks in advance, love orbx and the community. Thanks Jason.

Nope, not running as admin is not the cause. I always run as admin when installing and sometimes see this. I believe it is a Windows message generated when an installed app doesn't write anything into Control Panel > Add/Remove programs (or Programs and Features, these days) to handle a future uninstallation. I generally click "This app installed correctly" and I've never had an issue with anything from ORBX.

Also no to your second question. Note that your screens will look different often times because there are a multitude of possible settings and addons and unless yours is configured exactly the same as the other one, then you may not necessarily get the same result. Your results will depend entirely on your settings and other addons you have installed.

For the most part, ORBX stuff can be re-installed over-the-top and follow the standard process of ensuring the correct setting in FTX Central and running an install of the latest libraries afterwards and you should be golden.

In regard to the first question, just select 'the programme installed properly'. I get this a lot, and I read a post here (I believe by JV) that that is the correct thing to do.

Archived