Spinning car at CYYJ

Just Fly

Hi there!

Not a big issue, it just caught my eye while flying over the PNW. I noticed there was a "spinning car" in the parking lot at CYYJ Victoria Intl. Thought you might be interested. Here's a little GIF I made:

fzUy8.gif

Safe skies!

Just Fly

The spinning car at CYYJ has been around since the addon airport was first offered.  I'm not positive but I believe it was supposed to be a rotating beacon like a police car.  Some how it got stood on its nose.  I believe the scenery is by Don Grovestine.

Holger,

couldn't recall for sure which CYYJ scenery has the spinning automobile but looked in the Status/Known Issues tab of your second link and the reason for the spinning auto is explained.  Cut n' Paste of the section below:

"Car Spinning on Bumper: The standard Rwy12 libraries contain three demo files named ExtraObjects_demo.bgl, ExtraObjects_demo_A16N.bgl  and ExtraObjects_demo_FS9.bgl  which display a large number of vehicles (including one car spinning on its front bumper) and other objects in the area just east of the CYYJ main terminal. CYYJ (2011) excludes all these objects. However, certain add-ons including, reportedly, VOZ and Southern California Scenery Enhancements v2.0, incorporate these library files.

CYYJ (2011) must be of higher priority in the Scenery Library than such add-ons in order for the CYYJ excludes to be effective. Alternately, you should locate and delete these troublesome files from those libraries. (They do not appear to serve any useful purpose.)"

Might want to try the solution given.

CYYJ (2011) version 5.05-1 is by Don.

Archived