Are there advantages to using FSUIPC as opposed to standard controls?

Vonduck

As the question says.. i have the full version and am getting more intrigued by the day in using this...

Sometimes my controls just drop out or get screwed up for no reason... would using FSUIPC be more stable?

Some YouTube clips are quite clear in setting in up

Any tips chaps?

Cheers

Doug

I'm a big fan of FSUIPC too... I occasionally have issues with FSX and P3D not seeing my controls... They're there and working, but when the sim "loses" them, they stop working in the sim.

So far, in both Sims, FSUIPC never loses my controls.

Not only that, but the calibration is better, with more options (response curves, filter out spikes etc).

And then add to all that the ability to set joystick buttons to any number of commands not available in the standard SIM menus, or even to emulate a key press, or issue a string of commands in order (a macro), it's simply the best option out there for controls within the sim.

There's a ton more to it to like weather options, system options, and a handy "autosave" option... For how much the program does, it's hard to imagine running without it now...

Greetings Doug,

The others have pretty much hit the nail on the head. In the sim DISABLE your controllers, there is a check box for it, and then assign and calibrate in FSUICP.

If you are running turboprops or jets with reversers, re-read that particular section a couple of times to make sure you understand it correctly. The same thing for sync-ing multiple throttles, quite easy as long as you read the manual and follow the directions.

If you are like me you'll love the profile feature; just be sure to write down the assignments for each profile! ;) (yes, I forgot to do it the 1st time in FS2004)

Respectfully,

Brian

FSUIPC - once you use it, understand it, it's an issue of "never going back"...superb program.

Tom

I can second that you will never goin back and be advice there is LINDA too :)

FSUIPC is the swiss army knife for all FS versions!!!

Thanks heaps guys,

Looks like some time getting used to this then :)

I'll read the manual fully to understand what im playing with... especially the throttles where i have set the axis up for he AXE, see's both of them fine but they do not work in game... the reversers do (as set to a button) but not the axis for some reason..

Appreciate the help chaps!

Doug

For me FSUIPC is a work around, but for the people it works for great.
To be fair though I have never had nor experienced any malfunction or non compliance with my controller's either. Now that may be because I am anal about software and tools used on my PC and indeed within my home network and running a tight ship has prevented things from going awry, and it seems that the main issue is with Saitek ! The BEST thing to do with the Saitek Driver Disc is use it as a coaster , Allow Winblows to detect the controller and once that is done FSX should be plain sailing but we all know that there are so many little things that can interfere with regular PC operation.

Things like Browser Toolbars, Download Manager's, Update clients and even regular games that use the same controller will and do download stuff in the background that you have NFI about and this then in turn can cause issues like trying to update a Saitek driver and this is then applied WITHOUT your knowledge.

Now I don't fly and detest Big Iron so the FSX Aircraft that fall into this category that use and rely on FSUIPC to interface with both controllers and FSX itself you might not have a choice. 

If it works for you then fine BUT DO NOT install it thinking it is a magic pill, you can wash a dog to get rid of the stink but it is still a dog  in other words you MUST have your system operating without issues  and not simply install software to get around issues that should be solved BEFORE the preferred software is employed  

I use it to define better slopes for the axis of input devices and to calibrate dead zones etc properly none of the other tools including p3d seemed to do a good job

I use native directx mode for my setup in fsuipc but I dont totally disable it within p3d, I find it better just to let p3d handle buttons/hatswitches and fsuipc to handle axis

Ok chaps... good stuff...

I have successfully calibrated my pedals, brakes and elevator in FSUIPC... throttles no go (airbus extended) couldn't get the darn ailerons to calibrate! Go figure!

I am really wanting to assign some keyboard keys to various functions in the airbus extended but the options dont seem to exist in the drop down menu..

So.......... i downloaded a LUA script for the airbus extended and dropped it into the modules folder.... BIT the program doesn't see it!! Yeesh! How dense can i be! Others do this with liquid ease!! This script apparently adds the additional functions needed for the various Airbus buttons..

I have read numerous sites on LUA scripts but for the life of me it don't make sense!

Can anyone in plain simple language tell me how to get a LUA script working so that for example when i push the number 1 on the keyboard it turns on the battery 1? Or Engine 1 starter??

Thanks guys and sorry to be a pain!

Archived