FTX:EU.....?

Timmy74

Hi Guys,

I have always noticed that when I fly FTX:EU the scenery stays blurry for quite a while.  But when I fly all other FTX regions ( I have them all), there is no such issue and the scenery stays quite sharp from the get go.

Is there a different coding for all of the FTX:EU regions?  Or is there something I can do on my end to stop this from happening?   Its one of the reasons I do not fly in FTX:EU much because I am put off the constant blurry textures.

Just the heads up I only fly GA aircraft so the flying is slow.   However I can still fly large and semi quick aircraft in US and Oceania with out problem.

Kind regards.

Tim...

Hi Tim,

all of our regions use the same type of components and coding so any difference would likely stem from local differences in the density of scenery objects (e.g., urban vs rural vs backcountry areas) or third-party add-ons like airports, additional points of interests, etc. Are you using the EU regions without any additional add-ons?

Cheers, Holger

Thx Tim,

And I hope I can piggy back on this topic as well, but generally speaking I seem to experiencing the same issue if EU is active.  Especially around EGLL / EGLC.  What's even more boggling is when flying out of EIDW to EGLC or Southampton to EIDW (EU active) I get CTDs.  Additionally, flying further North EU I get relatively look texture loading blurriness too.

Thx Tim,

And I hope I can piggy back on this topic as well, but generally speaking I seem to experiencing the same issue if EU is active.  Especially around EGLL / EGLC.  What's even more boggling is when flying out of EIDW to EGLC or Southampton to EIDW (EU active) I get CTDs.  Additionally, flying further North EU I get relatively look texture loading blurriness too.

Are you using Aerosoft EIDW? It's horrendous on VAS usage which causes OOMs/CTDs

Hi chaps and sorry for the delay in responding.  I have no third party add ons.  

I have done a little bit of testing and have come to the conclusion that it must be the "auto-gen" that happens to be quite large for England (especially southern England), because of the dense population and built up areas dotted around England.  I do not seem to get the fuzzy textures as much around "rural" EU.

This must be the answer for my pickle.  I thank all of you for responding to my plight.

Kind regards.

Tim...

Just to add to this... I use P3D v 2.2 and have seen the same issue in the recently installed Scotland scenery. Substantial delays in resolving textures using Scotland over NCA or other NA regions. This includes sparsely populated areas. Note that same settings, aircraft and weather.

Regards,

Chris

Archived