FSX crash..PNW area

Peter22

I am experienciong a FSX crash near to seatlle area ,,,is always at the same area  at (HAWKZ TO LIINE) .... I though i was the patchs so I installed patchs including 8.0 ...nothing still the same...I notice after PNW patchs now I have two FTX global at he FTX central control panel....any ideas? ...........everything else is perfect............

Thanks

Peter22

What kind of settings do you use? The Seattle area (in PNW, or even default FTX) is well known to be one of the worst performing areas in FSX... It's an area with high density autogen, large cities, lots of water, complex terrain, complex airports (all within close proximity to each other) and a lot of roads and railways...

It can very easily overwhelm a system and cause a crash if settings are too high... You may be getting excellent frames pet second, but a crash can still happen if FSX gets overloaded with data.

I can imagine HAWKZ to LIINE is probably particularly bad due to the proximity of McChord, Seatac, Tacoma docks and the surrounding terrain.

What kind of settings do you use? The Seattle area (in PNW, or even default FTX) is well known to be one of the worst performing areas in FSX... It's an area with high density autogen, large cities, lots of water, complex terrain, complex airports (all within close proximity to each other) and a lot of roads and railways...

It can very easily overwhelm a system and cause a crash if settings are too high... You may be getting excellent frames pet second, but a crash can still happen if FSX gets overloaded with data.

I can imagine HAWKZ to LIINE is probably particularly bad due to the proximity of McChord, Seatac, Tacoma docks and the surrounding terrain.

Yeah I have everything at full max,,,,what u suggest?

Yeah I have everything at full max,,,,what u suggest?

First off, I would use the recommended settings as shown in the PNW manual... It has some good information in there and shows what settings would give the best results for large cities, as well as more rural areas. One of the biggest things that overloads the sim is autogen.

If this doesn't help, then try lowering settings a little further.

The aircraft you are flying can also contribute to an FSX crash too... The more complex it is (like the PMDG range, or the Majestic Q400), the more load you're placing on the sim.

You can see my spec in my signature... It's not perhaps the latest spec, but it's a very powerful system nonetheless, and even I can't run in the Seattle area with max settings.

First off, I would use the recommended settings as shown in the PNW manual... It has some good information in there and shows what settings would give the best results for large cities, as well as more rural areas. One of the biggest things that overloads the sim is autogen.

If this doesn't help, then try lowering settings a little further.

The aircraft you are flying can also contribute to an FSX crash too... The more complex it is (like the PMDG range, or the Majestic Q400), the more load you're placing on the sim.

You can see my spec in my signature... It's not perhaps the latest spec, but it's a very powerful system nonetheless, and even I can't run in the Seattle area with max settings.

Hummm I think I will give a try with the manual settings and see...Ill keep posting

Thanks

Archived