CYVR crashes

big-mike

And the trouble goes on.

After this:http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/78787-cannot-install-australia/---now this.

I cannot start from CYVR,when it`s nearly loaded---------"FSX doesn`t work.......".

Have the payware installed and Umberto wrote this

"It seems to indicate you have a problem with CYVR, the most likely issue, is you have a missing/corrupted texture for an AI"

I have MyTraffix X and the FTX NA Traffic with patch installed.

I deleted the payware CYVR and MyTraffic---but the same.

When i fly to CYVR i can see the airport,but one mile before---crash.

Can you help please.

Mike

Hi Mike,

what happens when you set all AI traffic sliders to zero?

Also, it would help to get more specifics of the error message. What exactly does the pop-up message state and, also, what does it list in the Windows Event Viewer? If you're unfamiliar with the latter see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75724-repeated-ctds-and-fsx-restart-with-ftx-global-and-ftx-northern-ca-set-in-hybrid-mode/?p=694467

Cheers, Holger

Hi Mike,

hmm, tricky to diagnose those generic crashes that don't list a specific module. Still, FSX is actually quite hard to crash (other than out-of-memory errors) and, in my experience, those nameless ones can happen with multiple airport facilities files for a single airport. Thus I'd suggest running a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names. It should bring up those that are ours, in this case:

ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl_CVX.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_CYVR_PLC.bgl

as well as Vector's ABP_CYVR.bgl. Anything else that comes up outside the FTX folders would be a potential culprit. If you're not sure post a screenshot or list of the search result with full file names and folder paths and we can help with further diagnosis.

Are you using FSAddon's VancouverPlus v3 too? Shouldn't be a problem either way though because it's specifically compatible with PNW and actually doesn't include an airport facilities file for CYVR.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Mike,

really, a product uninstall/reinstall is less complicated than a 10-second Windows search? Besides, what would that achieve as you have no idea what is crashing CYVR. In fact, you don't even know if it is CYVR itself as it could be some other file in the vicinity (though it likely is CYVR, I'd think).

The reason for the search is to find files that aren't supposed to be there. Baby steps, in my experience, are much better than big sticks.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Mike,

hmm, tricky to diagnose those generic crashes that don't list a specific module. Still, FSX is actually quite hard to crash (other than out-of-memory errors) and, in my experience, those nameless ones can happen with multiple airport facilities files for a single airport. Thus I'd suggest running a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names. It should bring up those that are ours, in this case:

ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl_CVX.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_CYVR_PLC.bgl

as well as Vector's ABP_CYVR.bgl. Anything else that comes up outside the FTX folders would be a potential culprit. If you're not sure post a screenshot or list of the search result with full file names and folder paths and we can help with further diagnosis.

Are you using FSAddon's VancouverPlus v3 too? Shouldn't be a problem either way though because it's specifically compatible with PNW and actually doesn't include an airport facilities file for CYVR.

Cheers, Holger

Did a search and found only these four files,you`ve mentioned.

In MyTraffic is an BR2_CYVR.BGL.

In the Scenery folder is a CYVR_AP_alt.BGL.

For the moment i don`t have something from FSAddon installed.

Mike

Found some more

ADE_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_CVX.BGL

CYVR_Finger.BGL

CYVR_AP.BGL

CYVR_AP_alt.BGL.off

CVX_CYVR.BGL

CYVR_disable_AP.BGL

FTX_PNW_objects_CYVR_PLC.BGL

FTX_PNW_objects_CYVR_Delta_PLC.BGL

BR2_CYVR.BGL

BR2_CYVR.BGL.Off

Mike

Hi Mike,

so the next thing I'd check is whether FSX still crashes if you set FTX Central to Global without hybrid mode meaning PNW is removed from the scenery library. If it still crashes then it has to be some issue unrelated to PNW; if it doesn't then maybe the CYVR installation/deinstallation did alter FTX files and re-installing PNW and/or the libraries might help. 

If the crashes still happen with PNW deactivated you can also test whether unchecking the Global Vector entries in your scenery library makes any difference. 

Cheers, Holger

I tried it with FTX Central set to Global---crash

The four Vector entries disabled---crash.

I reinstalled the Libs 140518----crash.

FSDT CYVR is still installed.

The curious is that CYVR doesn`t appear in the Startscreen\Aktueller Standort,when i have typed CYVR in airport.id

Mike

Hi Mike,

well, I guess the good news is that it pretty much clears both FTXG and Orbx of involvement in the crashes. Also, since PNW completely replaces the default landscape and scenery components (except for some airport data, which we already tested for) it's unlikely that any of the default landscape/scenery files have become corrupted.

That leaves other third-party add-ons or a general bug in your setup. For now I'd leave Orbx and FTXG deactivated and test a few other things, in sequence, like:

* uncheck all other third-party add-ons in your scenery library menu including the generic "Addon Scenery" if you've installed any files into it.

* set the display setting sliders for autogen, scenery complexity, and water effects to hard left and uncheck advanced animations; the idea is to test whether those four components are involved in the crashes

* select the "clear skies" weather scenario when setting up your flight

* try different user aircraft 

* try different dates and times in the Vancouver area, including midnight

* make backup copies of your fsx.cfg and dll.xml, files, in C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, then remove the originals and let FSX build new ones on startup (if that doesn't make a difference on the crashes restore your backup copies)

Seems like a lot of work but without a clear error message the only option is a systematic elimination of potential culprits. Let's hope that one of the above suggestions makes a difference.

Cheers, Holger 

""uncheck all other third-party add-ons in your scenery library menu including the generic "Addon Scenery" if you've installed any files into it.""

Done,i`ve set FTX Central to NA and deactivated OZx Aus,Na+Libs,MyTraffic X,FSDT KLAX+CYVR,Tongass Fjords Higher+Lower,started FSX with the default flight Friday harbour and the Trike-----and crash at the end of the loading time "FSX doesn`t work any longer it will be searched for a solution"

Then i tried the same configuration with FTX Central set to Global---and crash.

Mike

Very good news,Holger-----CYVR is back!

Today i thought,i could set the traffic slider for ships and ferries to zero to test it(the other traffic sliders all allready to zero)and there must be an issue with it.

I have many free  ai ship traffic files installed----never had a problem with them---and now all seems to be fine.

I thank you so much for your help---much appreciated!

One last question,do you have an idea for what i have to search to get this traffic back?

Mike

Hi Mike,

interesting result, glad to hear it's getting closer to being resolved. Usually if you have a larger set of files or folders to sort out you run a 50/50 split search, meaning temporarily remove half of the files or folders, keep the half that still causes the problem, split it again in half, etc. Usually it only takes about 5-6 iterations to find the culprit. In your case I'd start with the ships "flightplan" bgl files. Once you've isolated the plan you can then determine which specific model causes the problem and perhaps re-install that or contact its author.

Happy hunting...

Cheers, Holger 

Archived