Cannot install Australia

big-mike

My PC died and after i`ve bought some new hardware i started to install FSX+ACC from the scratch.

This time i wanted to install FTX Global,Vector and Australia+NZ with all airports first.

I tried that 4times!!! and all installations were corrupt,that means that land,houses and trees are before the coastlines.

I allways install one package and start FSX to let it settle down.I did the following:

FSX

ACC

FS Global2010

Global with all patches

Vector and patch

All AU regions---Bue,Green,Gold,Red--all SP3.After that i only installed AU SP4.003

NZ NI and SI with patches

All payware airports with patches

All freeware airports and AI Traffic

I had to to uninstall FSX 3times,but this din`t help.

Now i installed NA regions and airports first and then Global and Vector and this works.

So,what did i wrong?

I really don`t have the nerve to install Australia again and run into the same problems.

All this trouble costed me 4days---really awful days!

Mike

Sounds like the same conflict I am experience. Is your Aus Scenery from the original SP3 Disk? When I add new scenery areas my FTX Central crashes. Being that Aus SP3 is now around 5 years old, I believe there might be a configuration mis-match with the more recent scenery releases. I have raised this same issue on the Forumn.

Regards

Bob

not sure what the issue could be, but,

maybe think the other way around the issue and start with installing the SP3 DVD as first instead of all the other things,

just an idea as basically we did go that way as the sceneries and addons came along

I'd go about it as follows:

clean fsX Acceleration

AU regions + updates and patches, airfields + the latest library files

NA regions + updates and patches, airfields + the latest library files

EU regions + updates and patches, airfields + the latest library files

NZ regions + updates and patches, airfields + the latest library files

FTX Global + updates and patches + the latest library files

FTX Vector + updates and patches + the latest library files

Bob,

no,i don`t used the disc,installed everything as dl`s.

Wolter,

that`s a bit confusing now .

I don`t have the SP3 DVD.

I installed Green SP3,Blue SP3,Gold SP3 and Red SP3 and after that only the AU SP4.003 patch

Mike

Wolter,

can you please confirm that the way i installed Australia is correct?

"""I installed Green SP3,Blue SP3,Gold SP3 and Red SP3 and after that only the AU SP4.003 patch."""

Mike

that basically should be the right order Mike, although I also would run the latest library files

I really fear to destroy my FSX Setup again,so a last question.

I have allready installed NA,EU and NZ with all airports and all is fine.

Only Australia is missing. :wacko: .

Before i run again into trouble----should i set FTX Central to Global or Oceania before installing AUS?.

Mike

It should be set to Oceania

and just in case, I did advise to start with the AU set

I'd go about it as follows:

clean fsX Acceleration
AU regions + updates and patches, airfields + the latest library files
NA regions + updates and patches, airfields + the latest library files
EU regions + updates and patches, airfields + the latest library files
NZ regions + updates and patches, airfields + the latest library files
FTX Global + updates and patches + the latest library files
FTX Vector + updates and patches + the latest library files

Hi Mike. Just a little point : why don't you install the all in one FTX AU instead of each Au area separately?

Hi Mike. Just a little point : why don't you install the all in one FTX AU instead of each Au area separately?

I don`t know about the all in one,Richard.

Now i get a message from FTX Central-----Terrain cfg has no (LandClasses)section.

Mike

Hi Mike,

that error message indicates that parts of your terrain.cfg file have become corrupted, which would explain the graphical anomalies you're seeing. Probably the easiest fix is to "refresh" it. The active terrain.cfg is located in the main FSX folder and there's a backup of the original version in the \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder. Make a copy of your active terrain.cfg (as a safety backup) and then overwrite it with the original version. Then you need to start and cycle FTX Central at least once between options (doesn't matter which) and press Apply to automatically re-insert the FTX custom entries. Also, if you own other add-ons that require custom entries, like Ultimate Terrain or FSAddon, you'll need to run their setup tools or repair options as well.

Cheers, Holger

Just have a look into the announcement section. You can get the all in one for free. That is the latest version for all australia so no trouble comparing to older ones

Me again,

Richard has a good point, at least for any future re-installations; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/71930-ftx-au-sp4-now-available-for-p3d-version-2/

That won't fix the terrain.cfg issue though so I'd get that cleared away first before doing any more installations.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Mike,

that error message indicates that parts of your terrain.cfg file have become corrupted, which would explain the graphical anomalies you're seeing. Probably the easiest fix is to "refresh" it. The active terrain.cfg is located in the main FSX folder and there's a backup of the original version in the \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder. Make a copy of your active terrain.cfg (as a safety backup) and then overwrite it with the original version. Then you need to start and cycle FTX Central at least once between options (doesn't matter which) and press Apply to automatically re-insert the FTX custom entries. Also, if you own other add-ons that require custom entries, like Ultimate Terrain or FSAddon, you'll need to run their setup tools or repair options as well.

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

could you please add this to the Faqs?

I think,that i am not the only one with this issue..

I deleted befor 4 complete FSX setups,because i didn`t knew that.

That would have helped me a lot.

Mike

And the next problem------------FSX will not start.

After installing Australia yesterday i thought that everything is okay now---but no.

FSX starts and then hangs at 6%.

I deleted the fsx.cfg and let FSX rebuild a new one but that doesn`t help.

What to do?

Mike

Small update,when i set FTX Central to Europe or NorthAmerica FSX starts and i have no anomalies.

FTX Central set to Global or Oceania FSX hangs at 6% and don`t start.

I don`t know if it matters,i use the DX 10 Fixer.

Mike

Archived