Product Releases - CONFUSED

boleyd

I saw an announcement that PNW was now a triple installer. I assume that means it is fully compatible with P3Dv2.2. I never saw an email from the Store. Not sure what that means. I looked at the list/status of products on the P3DV2 support forum. PNW has no coloring on my system. The only colored items are freeware (pink). The Release Announcements (unordered) don't seem to say anything about PNW being P3Dv2.2 ready either. With all the jumble there I could have missed it.

I looked on the official FTX/ORBX support page and update 008 is the last thing there and I have that. So can someone tell me if PNW is really P3Dv2.2 ready? If it is do I have to go to the store to get it rather than the usual support page which was understandable.

I did look at the Store and I can't tell if the PNW under my account is the one I already have or is it one that is P3Dv2.2 ready. I know that most customers find the system to catalog releases and updates to be very good and appreciated. I must be defective since I find it confusing.

Boleyd

check the product page in the store for the blue banner, not your downloads etc. If the banner is there then you can download from your account and get the latest version.

regards Reg.

I already downloaded PNW. I see no blue banners nor did I receive an email that PNW was now P3DV2.2 compatible. I verified my email address in the Store.

I installed it and it had the triple installer for which I am grateful. I never saw a blue banner. Install had no problems. However, there is no indication, other than I must now remember remember downloading and installing. I looked at the PNW report in FTX Central and I see

FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014 which I had before.

I may be placed on some "socially undesirable" list but I believe the process for managing new products, updates and re-releases is very poor. It certainly does not parallel the excellent quality of the products themselves. There are several places a customer is supposed to look for announcements and receipt of Store messages. Only some of those areas are maintained and others are a jumble of messages and announcements. Apparently management is satisfied with the current arrangement, as are the majority of customers. I am not, but since I really like the products I will just have to be careful to not miss something that makes a great product even better.

Hi Boleyd,

the blue banner is right on top of the product page

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1218&osCsid=ose0r2u6h4dv0342k1mvkcdt52

Here is a list of all Prepar3d2 compatible products to lookup

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68566-master-list-of-all-p3d2-ready-orbx-products/

In addition, I activated eMail subscription of

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68566-master-list-of-all-p3d2-ready-orbx-products/

which is helpful in ist own not to miss any new products. PNW Triple Installer was announced on 10 March in this forum.

I am contend with this. 

Kind regards, Michael

The list Michael posted a link to is the "official" master list. If a product is listed there that was purchased through the FlightSimStore then it's new installer is available to download from your account page. If it is freeware then the new download is up on the support page. You can subscribe to that thread via email, whenever I add a new item to it I create a new post so that will notify you. 

Again, here is the link to the thread:

Regards,

Alex

Ok, the color thing threw me. Since freeware was pink I assumed V2.2 stuff was orange. I should have realized that since not all products were listed, those that are have been V2.2 adjusted. Thus in my mind the Master List was also wrong. With the jumbled Announcements it just seemed a mess.

Archived