Problem Bozeman

fly2012

I just bought Bozeman and every time i try to install it an error occurs at the exact same point.

/Effects/fx_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Gr.fx

a decompression error has occured (#2026)

unknown decompression error

I tried to download it 3 times from 3 different servers. I also tried to update my WinRar to the newest version. 

Of course i installed it as admin.

In my eyes there must be a corrupt version on your servers. Also very strange is that it tries to install an Australian YBUD beacon. I don't have any AUS installed.

What else can i try?

No cure here. For my understanding it is  a problem with the downloaded file. It says that there is a problem with decompressing a file.

That means the origin of the failure is the file i want to decompress. And that would be the installation file. Why does it try to install an AUS file anyway? 

Hi there,

it's not a file specifically for AU but rather a visual effect file for airport beacons that's also being used by Bozeman (and probably other add-ons as well).

The issue with corrupt downloads is that you need to clear your browser cache before retrying (or use a different download manager or browser) otherwise you won't actually get a fresh start.

Cheers, Holger

It's so sad. I cleared my browser cache. I downloaded the file even on to another harddrive, it is always the same.

Your file MUST be corrupted. 

I actually try to install it with ignoring the error, lets see what happens, i will report.

Nope, when i proceed the installation with ignoring the error another error occures.

"the dll.xml file is corrupt. unable to install the module."

First time for me to have such big problems installing a product of yours.

BUT: It shows up in FSX. Means i can see the real Bozeman FTX airport when installing by ignoring.

I'm a little confused.

• 1 month later...

FYI this error is still occurring (FSS0294103).

The workaround posted above did work for me, but I'm a bit surprised that it's not been fixed after so many months.

Maybe we'll be lucky and a triple installer for P3D v2 will be released soon with a fix ;)

I just noticed too that it was happening still as well with the installer I downloaded yesterday. Looks to be that along the way an installer has installed both those green and white fx libraries for YBUD Beacon with the read only attribute on, all the other ORBX fx libraries on my system don't carry the read only flag just those two, and the installer wigs out when it can't replace them. When KBZN replaces them it however installs them correctly with the read only flag off.

Graeme

• 1 month later...

I just bought Bozeman and every time i try to install it an error occurs at the exact same point.

/Effects/fx_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Gr.fx

/Effects/fx_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Wh.fx

Can somebody provide these two files for me.  Thanks

Hi there,

Just ignore this error in the installer; the files aren't required for KBZN as it's a small anomaly with the installer. If you would like to add these two files regardless, please find them attached to the first reply to this topic. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived