FSX... i think i want a Divorce !

VAL067

Please excuse the quality of this video, only made it to show the performance I am getting on my modest system (see my specs in sig)

Using Opus real weather, lots of clouds and cloud shadows. Dont seem so bad to me. Lots of panning with trackir.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltNwBem07Y4&feature=youtu.be

and my settings

8waEu.jpg

S4kZs.jpg

DnRiY.jpg

6RMG1.jpg

7BMwG.jpg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get stutters in P3Dv2. Sometimes pretty bad, other times not much at all. I always have high FPS, 40-70 depending on area. I've tried many variations of AffinityMask and FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION. Sometimes I get a good flight right after changing the value and think I might have nailed it. Then the next flight is heavy on stutters again. Never found a connection between slider settings and stutters, or if I'm flying in urban or rural areas. Or whatever the weather is. FPS remains high, stutters come and go as they like.

I still have FSX installed on an other disk, with all my orbx products and other addons on it.

I always had nice FPS with it in DX10, especially over ORBX north America sceneries (less over UK, more blurries also)

Then I decided to give P3D a try, firts V1 then V2.

Even if I have the sensation of being a (happy) paying beta tester, even if I'm limited with real p3d addons only, no migration tool at all,even if for the moment half of my ORBX addons are useless, I won't go back.

Why ? 
- if you limit yourself to real P3D addons the sim has a very good stability in V2.2
- The clouds shadows are unique.

- The HDR is unique too
- The cockpit lighting is real looking

-  With Global+Vector and a good LC you already have a finished product.
- There are some pretty nice planes that works very well now (dash8, twin otter, alabeo's, carenado's etc...)

For the water, you still should use invidia inspector AA to have it good looking.

The only two settings that have tweaked with it are :

Antialiasing mode : Override any app settings
Antialiasing setting : 8xS combined: 1x2 ss +4x MS

In the game : water quality on medium on only clouds refection.

That cost me FPS, I'm sure, but with the right wave animation and color in REX it looks...like water.

I've tried many variations of AffinityMask and FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION.

Just after I wrote this I removed the FIBER_FRAME tweak and tried AM=85. For several flights now it's been butter smooth. Just when I was about to give up and vented my frustration here I'm hit with the butter-treatment. I hope I dont ruin it by cheering it in public though. It feels like I've made a massive house of cards stand on my table. If I breath it will all fall apart  :-X

Lols I was going to suggest that at the timeyou wrote it..I did the same for my fsx cfg and haven't looked back..just didnt know if it would work for you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just after I wrote this I removed the FIBER_FRAME tweak and tried AM=85. For several flights now it's been butter smooth. Just when I was about to give up and vented my frustration here I'm hit with the butter-treatment. I hope I dont ruin it by cheering it in public though. It feels like I've made a massive house of cards stand on my table. If I breath it will all fall apart  :-X

Could you please explain AM=85 for people like me who don't know what you mean.

Thanks.

After reading all the hype in this thread, I just want to join the others who are scratching their heads as to what all the fuss is about. I have butter smooth performance with fairly high settings. No, I don't have stutters. If you do, then so sorry, but I advise you to temper your tantrum against LM. It's misplaced.

Disagree totally Sprit Flyer..No Tantrums here just people expressing their veiw.. like I said in my earlier post just because you dont have a problem today dont mean you aint going to get it tomorrow...so being selfish and dismissive just because you dont have a problem is misplaced when there have been numerous people who have all had the same problem. . Now we might end up solving that issue because of this thread.. so no hype no tantrums and you keep scratching that head of yours mate..

Could you please explain AM=85 for people like me who don't know what you mean.

Thanks.

AM=85 means AffinityMask=85.

It's a tweak you can enter in the Prepar3D.cfg. The value 85 is one of three I've found suggested for my processor type i74770k. The others are 14 and 15. They will make P3D use more cores than just one.

You write the tweak like this at the bottom of the file:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=85

Disagree totally Sprit Flyer..No Tantrums here just people expressing their veiw.. like I said in my earlier post just because you dont have a problem today dont mean you aint going to get it tomorrow...so being selfish and dismissive just because you dont have a problem is misplaced when there have been numerous people who have all had the same problem. . Now we might end up solving that issue because of this thread.. so no hype no tantrums and you keep scratching that head of yours mate..

Couldn't agree more. I also have stuttering problem with p3d regardles of fps. Flightsim community almost perfected fsx with various tweaks and utilities, because there were always people experiencing problems (and naturally complaining about it) and there were people trying to come up with a solution. This is the essence of evolution. Even LM is responsing to people by releasing new versions, hot fixes etc. No need to be more royalist than the king. We have to let people express their views and opinions freely (however need to ignore trolls if there's one). 

Archived