Vector 1.15 update and ORBX Libraries

Laurin

Do I have to re-install the 140405-ORBX-Libraries after the update of Vector from 1.10 to 1.15?

The libraries say they should always be installed last.

And even though Vector 1.15 has just been released, it shows an older date (March 2014) than the libraries in the Products-Report:

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 140405 5th April 2014
FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.15 March 2014

I routinly re-install the latest Library after adding scenery/airports to FSX unless the instructions specfically tell you not too.  Unless a new upload contains textures that have not yet been included in the latest library (very unlikely) all you will do is over write scenery textures etc. with the same files by re-installing the library.

I extract the latest library and keep a folder with the installer on my HD so it is a simple matter of re-running the installer after adding anything to my FSX install.

yeah that didn't help with the elevation mesh at KSEA.  if I leave it in NA PNW with AEC on ele is 312ft.  if I do it in Hybrid mode with AEC disable it 412 ft.  FSX default is 455 ft.  so you can see I'm a bit fraustrated at the moment with it.  now I have to decide which to uninstall.  My region Pack, or Vectors :(

Hi FireRex,

FYI the PNW version of KSEA uses the default altitude of 433ft so you need to make sure that all third-party add-ons for KSEA that don't use that altitude are disabled. Also, the new Vector auto-configuration tool should have deactivated the Vector version of KSEA automatically; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/76688-seattle-cliffs-dont-move-away/?p=711279

Cheers, Holger

Archived