For those who use a TV as a screen, is this a good buy?

Vonduck

As the title says, is this a good buy form the specs listed with it? Current bid is $2110.00...

At the moment i have 2 x 27" screens linked as one giving me 3840x1080........ this could be a good option and get rid of the double bezel in the middle i put up with?

ULTRA Clarity, ULTRA Reality
65" (164CM) ULTRA HD SMART 3D LED LCD TV

65LA9700
3840 X 2160 ULTRA HD RESOLUTION
NANO FULL LED BACKLIT
DYNAMIC MCI 1000 (200HZ REFRESH RATE)
TWIN HD TUNER
CINEMA 3D
DUAL PLAY

CONVENIENCE FEATURES
Built-In Video Call Camera: Yes (HD)
E-Manual: Yes (Built-in)
USB Video Playback Formats: DivX HD, Xvid, MP4, MKV
LG TV Remote App: Yes (LG TV Remote App on compatible Android (Froyo 2.2+) and iOS devices (iOS 5.0+). Phone must be in range, on the same Wi-Fi network as the TV.)
Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi): Yes (Intel WiDi enabled PC must be in range of the TV.)
Time Machine II: 5GB (USB hard drive (Min 40Gb) required for longer recordings & Live Playback function (sold separately)
Skypeâ„¢: Yes
Processor: Dual Core Plus
Magic Remote Voice: Yes (White)
EPG (SI - 8 days): Yes
Picture in Picture (PIP): Yes (TV+TV) (TV+Input)
Network File Browser (DLNA): Yes
Simplink (HDMI-CEC): Yes (All HDMI)
2nd Display: Yes
Wireless Sound Sync: Yes
MHL (Mobile HD Link): Yes
Web Browser: Yes
Wifi Built-In: Yes
Dual Play: Yes

TV SPECIFICATION
Screen Size: 65"
Resolution: 3840 x 2160p
MCI: 1000 (200Hz Refresh Rate)
Contrast Optimisation Film: Yes
3D Built In: Yes (Passive)
Backlight Type: Nano Full LED
Local Dimming: Yes

VIDEO
Triple XD Engine
Ultra HD Resolution Upscaler
Real Cinema 24p
3D MPEG (Noise Reduction)
Picture Mode
AV Mode (Picture & Sound)

REAR CONNECTIONS
Headphone (3.5mm) Output
RF Input
AV (Composite) Input
Component Input
Digital Audio Output
LAN Port

SIDE CONNECTIONS
HDMI Input: 3
USB 2.0 Input: 2
USB 3.0 Input: 1

3D SPECIFICATION
3D Type: Cinema 3D (FPR)
2D <-> 3D Conversion: Yes
2D to 3D Depth Control: 20 Levels
3D Sound Zooming: Yes
3D Glasses: Yes (4 Pairs Included)

Hi Doug,I was thinking about doing this a month or so ago..and realized if i went down this track i would need an IR Tracker to make it worthwhile,...so got myself an IR Tracker first to get used to it before i ditched the 3 monitors.

I really like the IR tracker,but using it with 3 monitors is a bit of overkill..i really only use it now for taxing. 

I felt i was actually going to go backwards and not forward with the immersion level..so i have decided to stay with what ive got..my 3 scrren set up with a 4th monitor networked for instruments.

hope this helps

stu

Well.......thanks for that Stu! :wacko:

You've made me rethink this through properly... i have track-ir and have had for ages but never use it.... got tired of wearing it on my headset or cap... just use the mouse/space-bar combo to look around now...works fine...

Maybe i need to rethink why i actually want this as is a lot of dosh to shell out just to remove a bezel!!

Say Stu, i assume you would say the above specs would work on my rig and connect with no issues if o did go down this track?

Thanks for your comments though mate - appreciate it!

Doug

Hey Doug..just home from work

Well looking at your rig specs..they seem a little better than mine.

I have an old standard definition 42" plasma here at home and just plugged my computer into it and ran FSX ..ran just like a normal monitor and FPS seemed about the same as TH2go so am guessing that your rig would have no problem power wise.

I was originally going to do it cause I was getting real horrible FPS and thought 1 large monitor/TV might help me with better FPS/performance..but after mucking around with the big plasma I just got disappointed with my lack of surround vision my 3 monitors give me.

So I opted for a fresh install..and for the first time ever I paid attention to all the Orbx airport control panels and set them conservatively instead of just turning everything on and deleting them.

I also bought some payware malware and registry cleaner programmes instead on using free ones.

I have really benifited for doing this..my system has never run as well as it does now..probably gained 10 percent on my FPS and I am achieving smooth operations..even into YBBN in an airliner,so I'm happy.

Cheers stu

When I was planning my setup Doug, the research I did recommend a maximum of 42" for the best visual effect. (As you are sitting very close) So my main screen is just an HD plasma tv. No fancy stuff included. I have been following some good second hand sets on Tradme. I don't think what you are looking at would be good value for money and you would be paying for a lot of features that you would never use in simming.

I also use an IRtracker with it, and have it on my headset which I find is fine. It gives quite a good sense of immersion.

Archived