RV-4 Expansion Pack Prepar3d v2

Hi Guys, Just wanted to post some shots of the upcoming RV4 expansion pack in action over NCA in Prepar3d v2.2 Keeping in mind that the PC used to take these shots is pretty low end nowadays we get an average of 20 fps with most of the eye candy on and sliders pretty high. Very comparable to the majority of the default aircraft shipped in Prepar3d v2

aQzA6.jpg

GL8gT.jpg

3lavB.jpg

WvcN4.jpg

bc8KL.jpg

mrARg.jpg

JKVCM.jpg

That's great Jared. I'm ready to get this soon as you release it. Thanks for your hard work.

Do you know; will those that purchased the original be able to download a single installer (orig + upd8) or will it always be a patch/add-on?

Cheers

Nice.

Exactly what does the expansion pack add to the original?

There may be other additions but it adds aircraft with the GNS430 GPS and transponder, instead of the glass panel from the original package.   Better for system performance for those of us with modest computer systems.   There was a link somewhere here that mentioned the features.

Mike 

Looking forward to it.

Mike

Why should I pay more for an expansion pack? This basically fixes a design element that was not very popular. How about releasing this model as version two. Then if someone truly wanted the glass panel, that could be an expansion. This newer version as version two might be a big hit.

Hi Guys, Just wanted to post some shots of the upcoming RV4 expansion pack in action over NCA in Prepar3d v2.2 Keeping in mind that the PC used to take these shots is pretty low end nowadays we get an average of 20 fps with most of the eye candy on and sliders pretty high. Very comparable to the majority of the default aircraft shipped in Prepar3d v2

Those gauges sure look good.

Speaking of upgrades though what's the chance of getting a different pilot for the RV4.

Ihiye.jpg

I hope I am not offending anyone in the office there but this guy looks seriously spooky.

I'm wondering if my flying has induced a state of shock in the gentleman.

A pair of sunglasses would help, or maybe a no pilot at all option.

gb.

Those gauges sure look good.

Speaking of upgrades though what's the chance of getting a different pilot for the RV4.

Ihiye.jpg

I hope I am not offending anyone in the office there but this guy looks seriously spooky.

I'm wondering if my flying has induced a state of shock in the gentleman.

A pair of sunglasses would help, or maybe a no pilot at all option.

gb.

He definitely reminds me on Niki Lauda.

Hi guys, yes this will indeed be tripple installer just like the initial package for FSX, P3d and P3d2. As for Mr Lauder I might look at another pilot model or perhaps just lowering the texture detail a bit on his face...we all get old one day though guys!!!

Also the decision making regarding the paid expansion pack was polled and discussed in another thread and those people who were willing to get the aircraft were mostly willing to pay the extra amount for the new features and work involved in diverging from the planned design.

• 3 weeks later...

Likely to see this soon Jared? Getting a new rig soon and looking at re-installing P3Dv2 from scratch. Will get this as soon as it is available.

Alas, never could get my RV-7 working reliably, even with the various published 'fixes', so its this and the -8 that will be in my RV fleet.

Keen as...

Quite soon, just integrating the electrical components into the physics tech plus there will be a few more paint schemes added then it's a little while in testing before release... probably a few weeks.

Great news Jared!

Cheers, looking forward to it. Thanks in advance for all the work you're putting into this plane. Its a great plane about to become even better.

+1

Indeed!

Archived