Seattle cliffs don't move away

Heronjr

Hi,

Last week I changed my PC for a new one that will be dedicated to FlightSim. The former PC had FSX + FS Global 2010 + UTX (all) + FTX Regions (all) + FTX some payware airports + FTX Freeware Airports Sets 1-9 and everything lived in harmony. Rarely I had elevation issues - the last one I remember, at FTX-PAJN, which Holger solved quickly. I visited 24 of the Freeware Airports Sets and none presented any elevation issue. Hoquiam installed once and perfectly, no trenches, no floating runways.

I was happy and did not know that...

Ok, with the new PC I installed FTX Global, FTX Vector, FS Global 2010 (not FTX), FTX Regions + patches, Hoquiam and Freeware Airports 1-9, Then Libraries, of course.

1 - Hoquiam presents trenches and a floating runway - could not fix it.

2 - Some freeware airports presented cliffs - fixed them with Vector Configurator Tool.

3 - KSEA presents cliffs all around - Tried Vector Configurator Tool, Pilot's Airport Flattening Tool and nothing seems to fix it.

As I am a happy user of FS Global since the first version (2005), I can confirm that this software has few elevation glitches and worked perfectly with UTX. The adjustments needed were effectively applied and solved all issues. In a round the World tour I made with a Beech B200, only once I needed the Pilot's Flattening Tool to fix an airport in South America.

Do you think those elevation issues are caused by FTX Vector or by a combination FTX Vector + FS Global 2010? I ask you this because the Configurator Tool comes bundled with FTX Vector.

My configuration:

Core i7 4770 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR3, HD SSD, DVDRW, 02x GPUs 2GB Geforce GTX760, Windows 7 Pro.

Please help me with KSEA

Thanks and regards,

87o2.jpg

Hello,

KSEA with : FTX Global1.2, PNW SP8, FS Global 2010FTX,  FTX Vector 1.1...

Cliffs fixed with Vector Configurator Tool.

Everything was ok before installing FTX Vector + the SP8 PNW.

Doogles,

Please consider Avance's picture as mine. The problem is that using the Vector Configuration did not remove the cliffs around KSEA. Thanks Avance. Maybe I should uninstall PNW and check?

Neil Hill,

I am flying always with FTX Central in North America. Since I begun reinstallation, never changed it, and at every FTX new installation that was checked. Anyway, thanks.

I will keep you guys informed.

Regards,

Hi Avance,

When flying in regions like PNW you must set your FTX Central to "North America".  It sounds/looks like your FTX central is set to "FTX Global".

Cheers, Neil 

Thank Neil but FTX Central set to Global or North America does not change in any case. I have to disable KSEA with Configurator so that everything is OK (FTX Central on Global or NA). ;)

Hi Avance,

When flying in regions like PNW you must set your FTX Central to "North America".  It sounds/looks like your FTX central is set to "FTX Global".

Cheers, Neil 

Hmmm...I keep mine set to Global all the time and have had no issues. :) Strange lol

Doogles,

Please consider Avance's picture as mine. The problem is that using the Vector Configuration did not remove the cliffs around KSEA. Thanks Avance. Maybe I should uninstall PNW and check?

Neil Hill,

I am flying always with FTX Central in North America. Since I begun reinstallation, never changed it, and at every FTX new installation that was checked. Anyway, thanks.

I will keep you guys informed.

Regards,

I have AEC disabled in Vector 1.1 and KSEA is all good with PNW and FTX Central set to Global.

In my FTX central, I have only Global and Europe to select.  Why do I not have Ocenia and North America??

BW

Have you purchased and installed Ocenia and North American regions?

Cheers :)

Doogles,

If your FTX Central is set to Global, PNW scenery is not loaded. At least, this is what I've been reading and applied to mine. If you go to your FSX scenery library when set to Global, none of your FTX sceneries show there.

Regards,

Hello Heron Jr,

I had a similar problem with Seattle and Portland.

I noticed that KBFI and KRNT did not suffer the same problem which I found odd as they are so close to KSEA.

Opening the Vector AEC tab, I disabled the AECs for KSEA and KPDX. That solved my problem.

Regards,

Doogles,

If your FTX Central is set to Global, PNW scenery is not loaded. At least, this is what I've been reading and applied to mine. If you go to your FSX scenery library when set to Global, none of your FTX sceneries show there.

Regards,

Hey Heron Jr

When I have FTX Central set to Global Hybrid all my sceneries are loaded and showing in my FSX scenery library. :)

D0Zjn.png

Doogles,

I forgot the Hybrid feature. You're right.

Now, my problem at Seattle persists and I just don't know what more I can do. I did each and every combination of AEC with Global, AEC with NA, both with and without Hybrid. One more thing I observed while slewing arounf KSEA. The jetways and airport vehicles are on the same ground as my plane. The airport buildings are higher, at the same height as the top of the cliffs, i.e. the airport is in a depression but not the buildings and the runways signs.

Do you think Vector 1.2 will fix this situation? I am not really happy with the 1.1 version, quite disappointed for what it is showing now. I also didn't like some elevation problems in KLAS and AEC turned things worst there.

I do not have any other add-on airport non-FTX near or far from KSEA - actually, my installation is a fresh one and I want to install my other sceneries very carefully.

Regards,

HeronJr

Do you have FSGlobal2010 (non FTX) and UTX installed? If so, I wonder I that combination is not happy with Vector 1.1. I have FSGlobal2010FTX, and Vector1.1 without UTX and my KSEA is all good. I know an update to make your FSGlobal2010 FTX compatible has just been released as well.

Hi again Heronjr,

I finally had a chance to do some testing and found after setting FTX Central to "North America" I had the elevated ground you see at KSEA.  I then went to FTX Vector Configurator and "disabled" KSEA (note: you MUST hit the "Apply" button, just having KSEA in the disabled column is NOT enough).  Now my KSEA looks just fine.  There is no elevation file in Scenery/World/Scenery for KSEA so you should not see one there and I don't have any 3rd party mesh active (I use default FSX mesh still).

I'd guess you didn't hit the "Apply" button in the FTX Vector Configurator.

Hope this helps, Neil

HeronJr

Do you have FSGlobal2010 (non FTX) and UTX installed? If so, I wonder I that combination is not happy with Vector 1.1. I have FSGlobal2010FTX, and Vector1.1 without UTX and my KSEA is all good. I know an update to make your FSGlobal2010 FTX compatible has just been released as well.

Doogles,

I have FSGlobal 2010 NON-FTX + FTX Global + Vector + FTX Regions. In this new installation of FSX I decidet NOT to install UTX as I am waiting for the FTX Vector improvements and also that UTX has many tune options. So I don't know what could be causing this issue in a fresh installation without tenths of airports add-ons as I had in my former FSX. I am happy with your news about the FSGlobal update to FTX. I will try it.

Regards,

Hi again Heronjr,

I finally had a chance to do some testing and found after setting FTX Central to "North America" I had the elevated ground you see at KSEA.  I then went to FTX Vector Configurator and "disabled" KSEA (note: you MUST hit the "Apply" button, just having KSEA in the disabled column is NOT enough).  Now my KSEA looks just fine.  There is no elevation file in Scenery/World/Scenery for KSEA so you should not see one there and I don't have any 3rd party mesh active (I use default FSX mesh still).

I'd guess you didn't hit the "Apply" button in the FTX Vector Configurator.

Hope this helps, Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks for remembering this detail. But I am sure I did press the APPLY button. The mistery is the fact that others solved this problem and I just simply can't do it.

Regards,

Here is what i did.  It may be wrong but I dont care at least the hated cliffs are gone at KSEA and the graphics are outstanding.  What i did is:

I unchecked Global and checked Europe (I only have England installed).  This did it for me and I am happy.  Bye the way dont use the word disgusting....it will get you in trouble as I learned.

I also had the runway at KBUF disappear and turn into cliffs...no longer.  Hope this works for you and all who are having headaches.

BW

BW,

I am reinstalling the whole FSX stuff which worked quite well in a machine twice or three times slower and the new graphic card is the best from NVidia. I'm applying a slow rhythm so to test each feature of each new add-on installed. It is incredible (not disg****ng, sorry) that 90% felt on the crash-CTD statistic side - RXP GPSs, Saitek drivers, renew of old serials, software that does not work anymore due to Simconnect problems, and hours and hours thru days and nights just to reinstall a software.

Lucky me I'm on vacations so I don't care for time to go to bed. Definitely, this is a very complex hobby. Three o'clock in the morning, after many CTDs and scenery issues, I could not hold a hard literature. But that was not directed to anyone personally. What I have purchased I will always defend and trust, as I trust in FTX/OrbX staff and forum members.

I have just two icons in the FTX Center: Global and North America. Unchecking Global, I have to live with NAmerica, and both options were used and Seattle still have elevation issues.

Regards,

Hi HeronJr

Thanks for the pictures, and it looks to me like a simple case of AEC not being properly disabled in the Vector Configuration tool, as I did find it a bit tricky to do at first. Here is a step by step on how I do it.

Step One: Type KSEA into the top box on the left column. Then highlight by clicking on it when it shows up again in the box just below.

OvKC.png

Step Two:  Click on the disable button and it will move KSEA over to the right side column.

UD2zw.png

Step Three:  Click on it to highlight it.

Y76lD.png

Step Four:  Type KSEA into the top right column.

TQ86x.png

Step Five:  Click on the Apply Button.

uXfrj.png

I hope this helps :) :)

Hi Doug,

I tried your method step by step for applying AEC disabling to KSEA, even I believe, as a software developer, that it was not the method the OrbX programmer thought for his AEC interface. Few days ago I applied "at once" AEC to a group of FTX freeware airports and all of them are looking good till now.

My KSEA has no remedy.

So, I'll ask you few questions:

1. Is there a way to show these pictures to Holger?

2. I never touch scenery library manually and I always apply FTX Central after any change. Is there a chance an LC piece is out of place?

3. Are there any Vector Config bug or strange behavior reports?

Thanks again for your kind attention.

Regards,

Hi Doug,

I tried your method step by step for applying AEC disabling to KSEA, even I believe, as a software developer, that it was not the method the OrbX programmer thought for his AEC interface. Few days ago I applied "at once" AEC to a group of FTX freeware airports and all of them are looking good till now.

My KSEA has no remedy.

So, I'll ask you few questions:

1. Is there a way to show these pictures to Holger?

2. I never touch scenery library manually and I always apply FTX Central after any change. Is there a chance an LC piece is out of place?

3. Are there any Vector Config bug or strange behavior reports?

Thanks again for your kind attention.

Regards,

Hi HeronJ

I would never have thought of applying an AEC change to a group of airports at the same time, I would be afraid of causing big problems doing that, but I am not knowledgeable enough to know any better hahaha.

I am sorry about your KSEA but mine looked exactly the same until I disabled AEC, now it is perfect.

I am also sorry, but I don't think I can properly answer your questions as I am not an ORBX staff but just a user like you. :)

1. There should be a way to send Holger a private message through the compose a new message feature at the top right corner of this forum page beside your user name. And just posting lots of screenshots is always very helpful, as this is a very visual based hobby.

2. I do touch my scenery library manually and found it is a good thing to learn and get comfortable with moving things to different priorities to experiment, I also do lots of scenery cache flushes, and I also use a free tool called Scenery Config Editor for other scenery tasks. I am not able to tell you if there is any LC piece out of place.

3. Sorry I have no knowledge about any Vector Config bug reports..and I am the wrong person to ask. :)

I am sure it will all get worked out for you, don't get too discouraged. :)

Cheers

Doug

Hi Heron,

at this point I'd suggest running a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names, in this case "KSEA". The easiest way to forward that information to us is to take a screenshot of the search result and post it here. A good example of that is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129.

Looking at the results we can determine which files are correct and active and which ones aren't and whether there are third-party files that interfere.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger,

Thanks for replying. The BGL objects I found within the FSX folder are:

\FSX\MyTraffic\Scenery\BR2_KSEA.bgl

\FSX\SCENERY\WORLD\SCENERY\ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_elevation_adjustment.bgl

\FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\SCENERY\ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle_Tacoma_Intl.bgl

...and... ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle_Tacoma_Intl_CVX.bgl

...and... FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl

As I said earlier, I don't have any 3rd party addon around the Northwest America, except FTX/ORBX objects.

FYI, on the East side of USA, I installed FlyTampa Buffalo KBUF with elevation issues, and Vector AEC did the fix.

Regards,

Hi Heron,

well, MyTraffic would count as a third-party add-on since it includes airport facilities files, including KSEA. Try renaming \FSX\MyTraffic\Scenery\BR2_KSEA.bgl to BR2_KSEA.OFF. Hopefully that'll make a difference.

Other than that, assuming the list is complete, it seems that only the PNW KSEA files remain active. Since PNW doesn't actually change the default altitude at KSEA there shouldn't be any issues with trenches etc.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I did know MyTraffic changes fields' facilities, but I really didn't know MyTraffic would be involved with elevation issues. Now, let me describe how things are:

1. Turning \FSX\MyTraffic\Scenery\BR2_KSEA.bgl to BR2_KSEA.bgl to ....OFF, maintaining KSEA AEC disabled, the cliffs were gone, but the elevation issues remained: planes, vehicles and jetways on ground, airport buildings and signs above, and kind of instable objects (flickering spikes) around.

2. AEC re-enabling KSEA, the cliffs and trenches are back, and the same elevation issues described in (1). No flickering spikes now.

3. AEC disabling KSEA, no changes.

4. When I applied FTX Central to NAmerica, no changes. To Global Hybrid, no changes and the cliffs and elevation issues remain at KSEA.

Holger, I installed the FS Global 2010 FTX Upgrade over my old FS Global 2010. By this time, I thought the KSEA cliffs issue was a problem of a FS Global non-FTX and would go away. But now I can see that applying FTX Central, i.e. rearranging the scenery library, the cliffs remain, so it is an almost obvious case of library positioning. So, the last resource I have is to list my library as it is working now. Sorry for this.

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain
Local=Scenery\World
Texture_ID=1
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.002]
Title=Default Scenery
Local=Scenery\BASE
Layer=2
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Layer=3
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.004]
Title=0000 Base
Local=Scenery\0000
Layer=4
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.005]
Title=0001 Base
Local=Scenery\0001
Layer=5
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.006]
Title=0002 Base
Local=Scenery\0002
Layer=6
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.007]
Title=0003 Base
Local=Scenery\0003
Layer=7
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.008]
Title=0004 Base
Local=Scenery\0004
Layer=8
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.009]
Title=0005 Base
Local=Scenery\0005
Layer=9
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.010]
Title=0006 Base
Local=Scenery\0006
Layer=10
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.011]
Title=0007 Base
Local=Scenery\0007
Layer=11
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.012]
Title=0100 Base
Local=Scenery\0100
Layer=12
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.013]
Title=0101 Base
Local=Scenery\0101
Layer=13
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.014]
Title=0102 Base
Local=Scenery\0102
Layer=14
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.015]
Title=0103 Base
Local=Scenery\0103
Layer=15
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.016]
Title=0104 Base
Local=Scenery\0104
Layer=16
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.017]
Title=0105 Base
Local=Scenery\0105
Layer=17
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.018]
Title=0106 Base
Local=Scenery\0106
Layer=18
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.019]
Title=0107 Base
Local=Scenery\0107
Layer=19
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.020]
Title=0200 Base
Local=Scenery\0200
Layer=20
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.021]
Title=0201 Base
Local=Scenery\0201
Layer=21
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.022]
Title=0202 Base
Local=Scenery\0202
Layer=22
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.023]
Title=0203 Base
Local=Scenery\0203
Layer=23
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.024]
Title=0204 Base
Local=Scenery\0204
Layer=24
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.025]
Title=0205 Base
Local=Scenery\0205
Layer=25
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.026]
Title=0206 Base
Local=Scenery\0206
Layer=26
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.027]
Title=0207 Base
Local=Scenery\0207
Layer=27
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.028]
Title=0300 Base
Local=Scenery\0300
Layer=28
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.029]
Title=0301 Base
Local=Scenery\0301
Layer=29
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.030]
Title=0302 Base
Local=Scenery\0302
Layer=30
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.031]
Title=0303 Base
Local=Scenery\0303
Layer=31
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.032]
Title=0304 Base
Local=Scenery\0304
Layer=32
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.033]
Title=0305 Base
Local=Scenery\0305
Layer=33
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.034]
Title=0306 Base
Local=Scenery\0306
Layer=34
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.035]
Title=0307 Base
Local=Scenery\0307
Layer=35
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.036]
Title=0400 Base
Local=Scenery\0400
Layer=36
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.037]
Title=0401 Base
Local=Scenery\0401
Layer=37
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.038]
Title=0402 Base
Local=Scenery\0402
Layer=38
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.039]
Title=0403 Base
Local=Scenery\0403
Layer=39
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.040]
Title=0404 Base
Local=Scenery\0404
Layer=40
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.041]
Title=0405 Base
Local=Scenery\0405
Layer=41
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.042]
Title=0406 Base
Local=Scenery\0406
Layer=42
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.043]
Title=0407 Base
Local=Scenery\0407
Layer=43
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.044]
Title=0500 Base
Local=Scenery\0500
Layer=44
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.045]
Title=0501 Base
Local=Scenery\0501
Layer=45
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.046]
Title=0502 Base
Local=Scenery\0502
Layer=46
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.047]
Title=0503 Base
Local=Scenery\0503
Layer=47
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.048]
Title=0504 Base
Local=Scenery\0504
Layer=48
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.049]
Title=0505 Base
Local=Scenery\0505
Layer=49
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.050]
Title=0506 Base
Local=Scenery\0506
Layer=50
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.051]
Title=0507 Base
Local=Scenery\0507
Layer=51
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.052]
Title=0600 Base
Local=Scenery\0600
Layer=52
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.053]
Title=0601 Base
Local=Scenery\0601
Layer=53
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.054]
Title=0602 Base
Local=Scenery\0602
Layer=54
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.055]
Title=0603 Base
Local=Scenery\0603
Layer=55
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.056]
Title=0604 Base
Local=Scenery\0604
Layer=56
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.057]
Title=0605 Base
Local=Scenery\0605
Layer=57
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.058]
Title=0606 Base
Local=Scenery\0606
Layer=58
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.059]
Title=0607 Base
Local=Scenery\0607
Layer=59
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.060]
Title=0700 Base
Local=Scenery\0700
Layer=60
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.061]
Title=0701 Base
Local=Scenery\0701
Layer=61
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.062]
Title=0702 Base
Local=Scenery\0702
Layer=62
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.063]
Title=0703 Base
Local=Scenery\0703
Layer=63
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.064]
Title=0704 Base
Local=Scenery\0704
Layer=64
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.065]
Title=0705 Base
Local=Scenery\0705
Layer=65
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.066]
Title=0706 Base
Local=Scenery\0706
Layer=66
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.067]
Title=0707 Base
Local=Scenery\0707
Layer=67
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.068]
Title=0800 Base
Local=Scenery\0800
Layer=68
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.069]
Title=0801 Base
Local=Scenery\0801
Layer=69
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.070]
Title=0802 Base
Local=Scenery\0802
Layer=70
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.071]
Title=0803 Base
Local=Scenery\0803
Layer=71
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.072]
Title=0804 Base
Local=Scenery\0804
Layer=72
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.073]
Title=0805 Base
Local=Scenery\0805
Layer=73
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.074]
Title=0806 Base
Local=Scenery\0806
Layer=74
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.075]
Title=0807 Base
Local=Scenery\0807
Layer=75
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.076]
Title=0900 Base
Local=Scenery\0900
Layer=76
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.077]
Title=0901 Base
Local=Scenery\0901
Layer=77
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.078]
Title=0902 Base
Local=Scenery\0902
Layer=78
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.079]
Title=0903 Base
Local=Scenery\0903
Layer=79
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.080]
Title=0904 Base
Local=Scenery\0904
Layer=80
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.081]
Title=0905 Base
Local=Scenery\0905
Layer=81
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.082]
Title=0906 Base
Local=Scenery\0906
Layer=82
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.083]
Title=0907 Base
Local=Scenery\0907
Layer=83
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.084]
Title=1000 Base
Local=Scenery\1000
Layer=84
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.085]
Title=1001 Base
Local=Scenery\1001
Layer=85
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.086]
Title=1002 Base
Local=Scenery\1002
Layer=86
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.087]
Title=1003 Base
Local=Scenery\1003
Layer=87
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.088]
Title=1004 Base
Local=Scenery\1004
Layer=88
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.089]
Title=1005 Base
Local=Scenery\1005
Layer=89
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.090]
Title=1006 Base
Local=Scenery\1006
Layer=90
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.091]
Title=1007 Base
Local=Scenery\1007
Layer=91
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.092]
Title=1100 Base
Local=Scenery\1100
Layer=92
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.093]
Title=1101 Base
Local=Scenery\1101
Layer=93
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.094]
Title=1102 Base
Local=Scenery\1102
Layer=94
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.095]
Title=1103 Base
Local=Scenery\1103
Layer=95
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.096]
Title=1104 Base
Local=Scenery\1104
Layer=96
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.097]
Title=1105 Base
Local=Scenery\1105
Layer=97
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.098]
Title=1106 Base
Local=Scenery\1106
Layer=98
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.099]
Title=1107 Base
Local=Scenery\1107
Layer=99
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.100]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_EXX
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX
Layer=100
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.101]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_CVX
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX
Layer=101
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.102]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_APT
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT
Layer=102
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.103]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_OBJ
Layer=103
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.104]
Title=FS Global 2010 OCEANIA
Local=F:\fsgx2010\oce
Layer=104
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.105]
Title=FS Global 2010 EUROPE
Local=F:\fsgx2010\eur
Layer=105
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.106]
Title=FS Global 2010 ASIA
Local=F:\fsgx2010\asi
Layer=106
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.107]
Title=FS Global 2010 SOUTH AMERICA
Local=F:\fsgx2010\csa
Layer=107
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.108]
Title=FS Global 2010 AFRICA
Local=F:\fsgx2010\afr
Layer=108
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.109]
Title=FS Global 2010 ANTARCTICA
Local=F:\fsgx2010\ant
Layer=109
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.110]
Title=FS Global 2010 NORTH AMERICA
Local=F:\fsgx2010\nam
Layer=110
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.111]
Title=FS Global 2010 LOCAL MESHES
Local=F:\fsgx2010\LocalMeshes
Layer=111
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.112]
Title=Africa
Local=Scenery\AFRI
Layer=112
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.113]
Title=Asia
Local=Scenery\ASIA
Layer=113
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.114]
Title=Australia
Local=Scenery\AUST
Layer=114
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.115]
Title=Eastern Europe
Local=Scenery\EURE
Layer=115
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.116]
Title=Western Europe
Local=Scenery\EURW
Layer=116
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.117]
Title=Central North America
Local=Scenery\NAMC
Layer=117
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.118]
Title=Eastern North America
Local=Scenery\NAME
Layer=118
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.119]
Title=Western North America
Local=Scenery\NAMW
Layer=119
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.120]
Title=Oceania
Local=Scenery\OCEN
Layer=120
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.121]
Title=South America
Local=Scenery\SAME
Layer=121
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.122]
Title=Oshkosh Aerial Photo
Local=Scenery\Cities\Oshkosh
Layer=122
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.123]
Title=St. Maarten
Local=Scenery\Cities\StMaarten
Layer=123
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.124]
Title=Rio de Janeiro
Local=Scenery\Cities\Rio
Layer=124
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.125]
Title=Las Vegas
Local=Scenery\Cities\LasVegas
Layer=125
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.126]
Title=Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries
Local=Scenery\Global
Layer=126
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.127]
Title=Propeller Objects
Local=Scenery\Props
Layer=127
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.128]
Title=Addon Scenery
Local=Addon Scenery
Layer=128
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.129]
Title=Reno
Local=Scenery\Cities\Reno
Layer=129
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.130]
Title=Istanbul
Local=Scenery\Cities\Istanbul
Layer=130
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.131]
Title=Longleat
Local=Scenery\Cities\Longleat
Layer=131
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.132]
Title=Berlin
Local=Scenery\Cities\Berlin
Layer=132
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.133]
Title=Edwards_AFB
Local=Scenery\Cities\Edwards_AFB
Layer=133
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.134]
Title=MyTraffic
Local=MyTraffic
Layer=134
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.135]
Title=AFM - Aerodrome Flattening Meshes
Local=E:\FSX\pilots_software\AFM\scenery
Layer=135
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.136]
Title=FlyTampa-Dubai
Local=E:\FSX\Addon Scenery\FlyTampa-Dubai\
Layer=136
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.137]
Title=Maldives X - low priority
Local=E:\FSX\aerosoft\Maldives X\Maldives X - low priority
Layer=137
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.138]
Title=Maldives X - medium priority
Local=E:\FSX\aerosoft\Maldives X\Maldives X - medium priority
Layer=138
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.139]
Title=Maldives X - high priority
Local=E:\FSX\aerosoft\Maldives X\Maldives X - high priority
Layer=139
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.140]
Title=AerosoftAFD
Local=E:\FSX\aerosoft\Afd
Layer=140
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.141]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_AA
Layer=141
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.142]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA1
Layer=142
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.143]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU1
Layer=143
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.144]
Title=FSDreamTeam Los Angeles International
Local=FsDreamTeam\KLAX_V2
Layer=144
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.145]
Title=LatinVFR - Miami KMIAv2
Local=E:\FSX\Addon Scenery\LatinVFR\Miami_KMIAv2
Layer=145
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.146]
Title=Orlando © 2006/07 cloud9
Local=cloud9\ORLANDO
Layer=146
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.147]
Title=Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority
Local=E:\FSX\FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority
Layer=147
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.148]
Title=Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority
Local=E:\FSX\FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority
Layer=148
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.149]
Title=TBPB FSX v2
Local=Addon Scenery\TBPB FSX v2
Layer=149
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.150]
Title=USCitiesX - NiagaraFallsBuffalo
Local=Aerosoft\USCitiesX-NiagaraFallsBuffalo
Layer=150
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.151]
Title=FlyTampa-Buffalo
Local=E:\FSX\Addon Scenery\FlyTampa-Buffalo\
Layer=151
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.152]
Title=FTX_NA_SAK08_CUSTOM
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK08_CUSTOM
Layer=152
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.153]
Title=FTX_NA_SAK07_MESH
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK07_MESH
Layer=153
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.154]
Title=FTX_NA_SAK06_CVX
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK06_CVX
Layer=154
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.155]
Title=FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY
Layer=155
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.156]
Title=FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM
Layer=156
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.157]
Title=FTX_NA_PNW07_MESH
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW07_MESH
Layer=157
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.158]
Title=FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX
Layer=158
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.159]
Title=FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY
Layer=159
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.160]
Title=FTX_NA_PFJ08_CUSTOM
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PFJ08_CUSTOM
Layer=160
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.161]
Title=FTX_NA_PFJ07_MESH
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PFJ07_MESH
Layer=161
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.162]
Title=FTX_NA_PFJ06_CVX
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PFJ06_CVX
Layer=162
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.163]
Title=FTX_NA_PFJ05_SCENERY
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PFJ05_SCENERY
Layer=163
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.164]
Title=FTX_NA_NRM08_CUSTOM
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NRM08_CUSTOM
Layer=164
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.165]
Title=FTX_NA_NRM07_MESH
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NRM07_MESH
Layer=165
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.166]
Title=FTX_NA_NRM06_CVX
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NRM06_CVX
Layer=166
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.167]
Title=FTX_NA_NRM05_SCENERY
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NRM05_SCENERY
Layer=167
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.168]
Title=FTX_NA_NCA08_CUSTOM
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA08_CUSTOM
Layer=168
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.169]
Title=FTX_NA_NCA07_MESH
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA07_MESH
Layer=169
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.170]
Title=FTX_NA_NCA06_CVX
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA06_CVX
Layer=170
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.171]
Title=FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY
Layer=171
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.172]
Title=FTX_NA_CRM08_CUSTOM
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM08_CUSTOM
Layer=172
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.173]
Title=FTX_NA_CRM07_MESH
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM07_MESH
Layer=173
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.174]
Title=FTX_NA_CRM06_CVX
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM06_CVX
Layer=174
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.175]
Title=FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY
Layer=175
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.176]
Title=FTX_AA_PAKT
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT
Layer=176
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.177]
Title=FTX_AA_PAJN
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN
Layer=177
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.178]
Title=FTX_AA_PAGS
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAGS
Layer=178
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.179]
Title=FTX_AA_PAEN
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAEN
Layer=179
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.180]
Title=FTX_AA_KWYS
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KWYS
Layer=180
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.181]
Title=FTX_AA_KPDX_CITYSCAPE
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPDX_CITYSCAPE
Layer=181
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.182]
Title=FTX_AA_KORS
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KORS
Layer=182
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.183]
Title=FTX_AA_KJAC
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KJAC
Layer=183
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.184]
Title=FTX_AA_KHQM
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KHQM
Layer=184
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.185]
Title=FTX_AA_KBZN
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBZN
Layer=185
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.186]
Title=FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS
Local=ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS
Layer=186
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.187]
Title=FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
Local=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
Layer=187
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Regards,

Hi there,

can't see anything wrong with your scenery library except that you have the "AFM - Aerodrome Flattening Meshes" entry, which may contain files for KSEA as well. Try temporarily deactivating that.

I'm not sure though I get the description of your item 1, i.e., "the cliffs were gone, but the elevation issues remained: planes, vehicles and jetways on ground, airport buildings and signs above, and kind of instable objects (flickering spikes) around." Can you post a screenshot of that?

Cheers, Holger

Only today I could reproduce the flickering spikes problem, as the other day, as soon I turned off MyTraffic, the cliffs were back and, even with MyTraffic on, the same remained. But today I downloaded and installed the 3 new NRM, CRM and PFJ service packs and now I can show you what I saw:

9jJns.th.jpg

X0lTK.th.jpg

EvPgZ.th.jpg

YELNK.th.jpg

wHxhW.th.jpg

Now, after turning off AFM Aerodrome Flattening Meshes:

pZmsC.th.jpg

Even turning on AFM, the situation stays as the last picture.

Regards,

Hi Heron,

sorry to say but I'm pretty much out of ideas as to what specific third-party file interferes with your KSEA. To recap, here's what you should have with PNW (patched to SP8) and Vector (v1.1) properly set up:

in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL , dated Feb 2014

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl_CVX.bgl , dated Feb 2014

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BCN_PLC.bgl , dated June 2010

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl , dated June 2010

(the two _PLC files are object placement files and don't have any influence on elevations)

in \Scenery\World\scenery

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_elevation_adjustment.BGL , dated June 2010

(note that anyone who installs PNW from the new PNW triple installer won't have that file as it's actually superfluous since PNW no longer changes the default altitude of KSEA)

in \ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery

ABP_KSEA.inactive

in \ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery

AEC_KSEA.inactive

in \ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery

APT_KSEA.inactive

those last three locations/files are the FTXG Vector KSEA adjustments that needed to be deactivated with the Vector AEC tool.

If the files above are as listed and no other active .bgl file for KSEA exists in your FSX folder tree then everything should display as intended. As stated PNW doesn't change the default KSEA elevation anymore meaning it should be at 433ft ASL.

Check the file dates above, especially for the ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_elevation_adjustment.BGL. Maybe you still have the original PNW version from July 2009, which would indicate that you've missed one or more PNW patch. In that case simply deleting the ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_elevation_adjustment.BGL should do the trick though you may want to consider reinstalling PNW using the latest triple-installer.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Back home.

Here's what I have:

in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL , dated Feb 2014 =============> OK

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl_CVX.bgl , dated Feb 2014 =============> OK

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BCN_PLC.bgl , dated June 2010 =============> I don't have this!!

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl , dated June 2010 =============> Found dated Feb 2010

Guess, I will reinstall PNW using triple installer, as you suggest.

Regards,

Gentlemen,

I think this issue is resolved. Now, what I did step by step:

Important: I did not install the new Vector 1.5.

1. Removed PNW as Holger's directions in this Forum. Please search "Uninstall PNW" or "Remove PNW".

2. Downloaded Triple PNW Installer from My Account / My Download Liks in FlightSim Store. The installer is already updated to SP-8.

3. Set FTX Central to NAmerica, installed PNW.

4. First KSEA test, cliffs still there.

5. Applied AEC on KSEA and ...

6. Voilá, beautiful. Everything in correct elevation and no cliffs.

FYI, KHQM is also cured, no transparent runways and no trenches.

Conclusion: I should have installed PNW in a wrong way either by not setting FTX Central correctly, or skipping one or more SPs.

Special thanks to Holger (clinically precise as always) and Doug Doogles (expertise above all), and a big thanks to all the others for the effort to help me. I am proud to be in this community.

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...

I had the problem exactly as your screenshots. Applying the fix in the Vector configurator, manually, cleared the cliffs away.

By the way, I find that the Vector configurator does not recognise my FSX, so cannot use the auto configuration option. Anybody any ideas on this?

Norman

Archived