Problem after PNW Version 1.80 installed

noels7

Hi

I originally posted this topic on 13 March in Orbx P3D® V2.x Support Forum (69 views without 1 comment).

I have just reinstalled PNW Version 180.exe (as Administrator) again but the problem is still happening. Have disabled
/enabled Vector. Problem remains.

Latest Orblibs for P3D V2 installed. FTX Central set for North America and applied.
P3D V2 with Vector 1.1 installed everything (scenery) is working as it should, no OOM's, FPS excellent,and smooth.
Flight without PNW installed from KSEA (Rwy34L) over Seattle dock area displayed with cranes etc and waterways are blue.

Same flight with PNW180.exe installed an entirely different scenario.
I have had to disable KSEA to correct airport elevation problem using Global Vector tool then elevations are correct.
As plane flies towards Seattle central all dock structures have disappeared and waterways, dams etc have become black.

Attached screen captures displays perfectly the problem. Hybrid mode is unticked in FTX Global in FTX Central P3D V2.

Without PNW update (Global and Vector only)

C9OP6.th.jpg

With PNW update v1.80 (+ Global and Vector)

cZy87.th.jpg

Maybe my original post was overlooked by PNW developers. Who knows.

Would appreciate some assistance/advice when time permits.

noels7

Hope someone with more knowledge can reply.   The scenery looks better in the PNW 8 shot, but the water is too dark.  The shot with blue water, the scenery doesn't look nearly as good.  Are you using any kind of water config tool like FSWC?

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply. No water config programs installed.

I cannot understand why the water is black and loss of dockside cranes etc after PNW is installed.

In window mode when running sim I (my opinion only) think pic1 seems to present the best.

Regards

noels7

There are three or four other threads that have been started in the FTX support forum concerning elevation problems at KSEA and surrounding area, which seems at least to overlap your issue.  I started such a thread and do not have a response from ORBX yet.  I have the new PNW in both FSX and P3D2, and was able to correct the problem in FSX by deleting KSEA  in the Vector configuration tool, but doing this only partially corrected the problem in P3D2.  Is your problem in  FSX or P3D2?

Hi noels7,

it's not an issue with PNW 1.8 as you can see in my screenshot below. Neither water textures nor the object placements in the PNW Seattle area have changed in the PNW package in the last four years.

I suspect the missing cranes stem from an object exclude file at higher display priority than the FTX block of entries. If you're unsure post screenshots of your scenery library menu here and we can figure it our together.

The custom water textures we provide with all regions are darker than the default equivalents (which you would see with only Vector active). However, our textures are just the base textures and the actual appearance of water in the sim is mostly determined by the water effects slider setting, time of day, weather, static wave patterns, and other factors. For example, my screenshot was taken with the slider setting of Mid 2.x. If I was to set it to Mid 1.x the water would look much brighter blue while Low 1.x would turn off the reflection layers and turn it very dark.

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: Mike, you seem to have lost of your own thread as I responded to it about 24 hours ago: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75601-ftx-pnw-ksea-runways-apron-in-canyons/?p=693006

post-375-0-37326000-1394899405_thumb.jpg

Me again,

you guys need to start placing issues specific to P3Dv2 in our P3Dv2 support forum as I always assume that in here we're talking about FSX.  ;D

In any case the harbor cranes are also visible for me in P3Dv2 though the water does appear darker than in FSX. The PNW textures in use are the same so it's something to do with the lighting/reflection engine of P3D. I suspect that there are ways to tune P3D to make it look more similar to FSX in this regard; perhaps other P3D users can make suggestions or you could start a separate discussion in our general P3D discussion forum.

It's technically possible to remove the custom water textures from our regions but that means you'll also lose the custom waterclass (telling the sim where to place different water colors, like turquoise alpine lakes, brown sediment fans of river estuaries, etc.) and the automatic freezing of waterbodies in the winter.

Cheers, Holger

post-375-0-19969300-1394901477_thumb.jpg

Hi Holger

Thankyou for your response, appreciated.

I originally posted in the correct forum but shifted topic here in case it had been missed in P3D support forum.

I use P3D V2.1 . Water display is set at medium.

I have (please excuse number of scenery library attachments) as I couln't work out how to get whole menu in 1 screenshot.

I have also attached a screenshot from Australia (latest SP4 and orblibs installed). Notice the lake and large river in the distance.

Their colour blue is what I experience in NA without PNW and have since since Global and Vector updates were installed.

SAmVI.th.jpg

Regards

noels7

Holger,

OK,  I found the file that is causing the issue of the original scenery 3d cranes not being displayed at Harbor Island, Seattle when PNW180 is active or in hybrid mode...  It also affected the ships at the loading areas.  It is an exclude file that came with the new PNW180 "full" install for P3Dv2.

It is the file ORBX/FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX/scenery/000_Seattle_CBD_exclude.BGL

If I rename to ...BGL.off,  the 3D Cranes and ships display as expected even when PNW180 is in effect or hybrid mode.

This file was in the new "full" install of PNW180 for P3Dv2. Maybe it should not have been there in the install?

Cheers, Ray

Holger,

OK,  I found the file that is causing the issue of the original scenery 3d cranes not being displayed at Harbor Island, Seattle when PNW180 is active or in hybrid mode...  It also affected the ships at the loading areas.  It is an exclude file that came with the new PNW180 "full" install for P3Dv2.

If I rename to ...BGL.off,  the 3D Cranes and ships display as expected even when PNW180 is in effect or hybrid mode.

This file was in the new "full" install of PNW180 for P3Dv2. Maybe it should not have been there in the install?

Cheers, Ray

Have this file too but no problems with the cranes.

Spirit

Hi there,

noels7, your scenery library looks OK except that you want the three Orbx openLC entries below the entire FTX block. It won't change anything at Seattle but in other areas of overlap it does make a difference. You can manage relative locations with our insertion point tool: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/28291-adding-a-scenery-library-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/

The Australian packages are the only FTX regions that don't have full custom waterclass coverage, which is why you'll see default water textures in some locations.

Well, removing that file returns the default cranes and city objects, which is not what you want because they aren't in the correct positions relative to the PNW photoreal area. I have another theory though: given that those cranes and some of the other objects are very hard on fps we coded our placement file so that they only display with Scenery Complexity at Extremely Dense. Check your settings and test whether that returns the cranes.

Cheers, Holger

Holger...   Your theory is correct...

I was at scenery "dense"...   do not display...

Very dense...  do not display...

Extremely dense, they display...

fps differences in this area between dense and extremely dense were not significant on my system/settings.

Should have also answered OP's question...  Can be marked as resolved or answered...    ;D

P.S. now, how do I turn off the blasted fireworks?   lol...

Thanks again Holger. Extreme dense setting returned dockside cranes.

Pity about the black water in lakes and dams but them the breaks.

Apart from that the usual Orbx excellence is on show. Magic !

Regards

noels7

Archived