FTX PNW KSEA runways & apron in canyons

AviatorMan

Have recently downloaded and installed the latest release of PNW, with the triple installer.  Everything looks great, however have discovered a problem at KSEA:  in both FSX and P3D2 much of the airport - runways, taxiways, apron - are in "canyons" around 50 feet deep. Have others encountered this problem?

Hi Mike,

I believe that's an issue with the Vector airport corrections for KSEA thus deactivating KSEA in the respective Vector Configuration Tools should do the trick. As far as I know the next update of Vector will include an option to deactivate all affected airports for a given FTX region at once.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

Thanks - it seems to have fixed the FSX version of PNA.  In P3D2, deselecting KSEA  in the Vector Config tool changed the appearance of the "canyons" at KSEA --  for example it seems to have raised the runways out of the canyons --  but there are still terrain depressions at the airport, some with water in them, that are not there in FSX.

Regards, Mike

I can confirm the problem with KSEA. I have in P3D v2.0 runways in the canyon! I use "FTX Global Base Pack 1:20" and "FTX Vector Pack 1.10". This problem occurs after you install "FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 Patch 008". 

I am grateful for any solution idea! 

Greetings Frank

Sorry for bad english (made by google).

Hi Holger,

I also can confirm the KSEA airport problem. Mine changed when I installed VECTOR1.10 and using the vector configurator does not improve or fix the problem. I now also have this problem with KORS but not as severe.

Using the configurator fixes some airports but not others. Is there a way to remove just vector 1.10???

Thank you

Phil

Hi Mike,

KSEA looks just like it should for me in P3Dv2.1 with Vector 1.1, see screenshots. Perhaps you didn't press the Apply button in the configurator or the scenery library menu order isn't correct or you have a third-party KSEA file active?

You can also cross-check in the \Prepar3Dv2\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery and \Prepar3Dv2\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery folders that the KSEA entries have an ".inactive" extension instead of ".bgl".

Cheers, Holger

post-375-0-16566900-1394821754_thumb.jpg

post-375-0-11172900-1394821763_thumb.jpg

post-375-0-37604100-1394821769_thumb.jpg

post-375-0-24594700-1394821775_thumb.jpg

post-375-0-86681100-1394821790_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Good afternoon, Holger,

After installing some payware from ORBX I have the same problem as stated previously by Mike,with KSEA.

Every time that I change the areas I that I fly in FTX Central  (I mean FTX GLOBAL, or North America or Australia- depending on the place I want to fly everytime), the scenery library changes its priorities and after that I have once again those terrible "elevation problems" at KSEA and also in PAHO which, at the minute, I can only solve by changing once again, manually, the priorities of the scenery library.

In other words : if I set to FTX CENTRAL and then after that, I go back to North America in FTX I got those elevation problems in several airports of PNW, which is rather frustrating if every time I have to correct it manually and establish on top of the library the sceneries of ORBX, provided that the ORBX libraries, folllowing your advice, must be set on top of everything. The same thing happens for instance, with the freeware airport of YMUI everytime that I set to FTX Central (elevation issues).

Is, therefore, anyway to avoid those changes in the scenery library?

Thanks beforehand.

Archived