Aussie paints for carenado C172

Tonyla1

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't have any particular paint schemes in mind, I quite like the standard paint jobs of that era because thats how I remember that particular aircraft growing up. I'd just be happy with some VH registrations. Of course, I'd be stoked if someone had time to knock up a VH-TLS registration in the blue paint scheme.

Anyway, I look forward to whatever you guys come up with.

Cheers

Tony (VH-TLS)

I did one recently which was a paint for our old mate Teecee, but your more than welcome to load her up. It's nothing more than a rego change but it looks good I thought.

You can get it here

http://aussiex.org/ozxrepaints/TEZ172.zip

Nice mate! I did up a modified pit (just the rego) for the same aircraft for Teecee too. Did you get it? You could chuck that in the pack too!

Also I bit the bullet and got me the 172...

My first paint is the West Aussie VH-TCY (formerly she lived in the Whitsundays)

Some pics here in the Jandakot screenies thread: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=8656.msg72026#new

Posted Image

Really nice Steve, I really just cant quite get over how they mirror such an important texture like the tail on someething that people would LOVE to repaint!, I guess its a way to keep the repaints down.

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't have any particular paint schemes in mind, I quite like the standard paint jobs of that era because thats how I remember that particular aircraft growing up. I'd just be happy with some VH registrations. Of course, I'd be stoked if someone had time to knock up a VH-TLS registration in the blue paint scheme.

Anyway, I look forward to whatever you guys come up with.

Cheers

Tony (VH-TLS)

Hey Tony - will this do?

If you're happy with it I'll upload it to the OZx download area.

Can't wait to see that Tasair paint Maurice, should be a beaut!

Steve.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really just cant quite get over how they mirror such an important texture like the tail on someething that people would LOVE to repaint!, I guess its a way to keep the repaints down.

Agreed. I'd like to put a rego under the wing too, there is even a panel in the texture files for this to happen (ala the Mooney), but the panel isn't mapped to the aircraft skin. Just means selecting paintschemes that will fit onto the Carenado tiles....Frustrating..

My first paint is the West Aussie VH-TCY (formerly she lived in the Whitsundays)

Hey Steve, is this repaint available yet? It looks really nice  :)

Bert, I did a stoopid thing, and copied over the repaint (and my working photoshop copy) with VH-TLS!!, I've managed to ressurect the wheelpants and the nosecowl, but everything else must be done again from scratch.. Makes me feel a bit ill. When I get time I'll re-do it and let everyone know. I'll make the paint in 4096x4096 HD this time round too (not really too much more involved)..

Bert, I did a stoopid thing, and copied over the repaint (and my working photoshop copy) with VH-TLS!!, I've managed to ressurect the wheelpants and the nosecowl, but everything else must be done again from scratch.. Makes me feel a bit ill. When I get time I'll re-do it and let everyone know. I'll make the paint in 4096x4096 HD this time round too (not really too much more involved)..

sorry to hear about the bad news squeeker,

im excited to hear that your doing some 172s, love your work, hopefully gizmo will jump onto the band wagon too

you two you are a real credit

Too bad Steve. Good luck doing her all over again. Looking forward to your finished paintjob  :)

Mate, that's bad news.  Let me buy you a beer Sat. night to ease the pain... ;D

Cheers and all the best.

Hey Squeeker, just what have I downloaded from Aussie

x?

It has you as the author, and it is a download for the Carenado FSX native.  I won't be able to install it until next weekend, but are you saying that it is in fact all stuffed up? 

Or is it just your way of getting a free beer?

Hey Squeeker, just what have I downloaded from Aussie

x?

It has you as the author, and it is a download for the Carenado FSX native.  I won't be able to install it until next weekend, but are you saying that it is in fact all stuffed up? 

Or is it just your way of getting a free beer?

Free beer is the best kind!

No mate, I did 2 repaints VH-TCY and VH-TLS. The one that made it to the OZx site was VH-TLS. VH-TCY (the green and gold one) was the one I accidentally nuked... So you should have a working copy of VH-TLS.

Thanks all for the words of consolation.

I've re-done Tango Charlie Yankee. Now in a better res too.

Should be available soon at OZx. Another good reason to pick up Jandakot if you haven't already, as it's this aircraft's home base.

Day trip to Buss-o

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've re-done Tango Charlie Yankee. Now in a better res too.

Should be available soon at OZx. Another good reason to pick up Jandakot if you haven't already, as it's this aircraft's home base.

Thanks Steve. I'll be checking OZx every hour now  ;D Great job!

Archived