Windows 8.1

Hi Stewart. Keep your Win7. Win8 is more dedicated to tablets and mobile devices. Its very close to w7 but has a lot of weird troubles with fsx and p3d2

Windows 8 pro is an excellent System and everything runs very well. I only avoid to upgrade to Windows 8.1 pro because of my bad experience with the customer preview version. Some USB connected parts didn't work, like the Joystick and the cooler fan control software. I'll wait for a while to do an upgrade.

Windows 8 is the best Windows 7 ever.

Spirit

Hi, mate,

Besides the above pointed link, where you will receive various reports, I tell you: the new is always good! Not a big company will expend sufficient effort to keep looking back! If she has decided to evolve - and warns us that this new path we must follow her - that's what we do because we'll receive support! Only be justified with an already "outdated" system if we have the need to maintain a needed "working" urgently to overcome system.

So I think you should migrate.

Cheers,

Sinesio

Hi Stewart. Keep your Win7. Win8 is more dedicated to tablets and mobile devices. Its very close to w7 but has a lot of weird troubles with fsx and p3d2

Would you mind to tell us about the troubles with FSX and P3D? Did you experience them yourself or got the information from somewhere?

Spirit

Win 8 is a waste of HDD space for a PC  it is designed for media centres with touch screens rather than a serious OS,  

I wonder that such an expert like you is so narrow minded. Would be interesting to get more detailed information from you but please leave subjective emotions out of.

Spirit

I have used Windows 8 since it came out.

To run FSX, I needed only to add the UIAutomationCore.dll fix

and map my joystick through FSUIPC.

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and everything continued as before.

I too am surprised at Maurice King's opinion but we all must have one.

Would you mind to tell us about the troubles with FSX and P3D? Did you experience them yourself or got the information from somewhere?

Spirit

Yes I did. I set W8 on a desktop for a friend. After installing FS and P3D2, we experienced much troubles as reported on LM and others forum. Time is money and my friend didn't waste his time. Therefore, I reset the rig with W7pro and things are better.

I'm not the only case. My daughter keeps W8 for her tablets because she only 11 and doesn't sim.

That's all. Believe people or not. No need to play as a police inspector spririt, that's really ridiculous.  :lol:

Yes I did. I set W8 on a desktop for a friend. After installing FS and P3D2, we experienced much troubles as reported on LM and others forum. Time is money and my friend didn't waste his time. Therefore, I reset the rig with W7pro and things are better.

I'm not the only case. My daughter keeps W8 for her tablets because she only 11 and doesn't sim.

That's all. Believe people or not. No need to play as a police inspector spririt, that's really ridiculous.  :lol:

You didn't answer the question and mention only about troubles. This is quite nebulous and not clear. Some people for sure would like to know the kind of troubles in detail. Maybe that's too much for you and only wastes your time, sorry.

Spirit

You didn't answer the question and mention only about troubles. This is quite nebulous and not clear. Some people for sure would like to know the kind of troubles in detail. Maybe that's too much for you and only wastes your time, sorry.

Spirit

Troubles with a 'S' means many things to say. Do you me to tell my life ? Change the way you deal with others and one day you will get your answer

Troubles with a 'S' means many things to say. Do you me to tell my life ? Change the way you deal with others and one day you will get your answer

OK, you gave a clear answer. No more questions, thanks.

Spirit

Archived