Cannot find valid AFCAD at this position [GSX conflict]

I dont know if this is a new topic or not as I have read some of the other complaints about vector 101 but I didn't want to piggyback so here is the thing. I had no problems with Global vector 100 in fact I thought it was superb. It never gave me any issues with payware airports or non payware a/p's however since I have DL version 101 all that has changed. I now get a message when using GSX that "there are no valid AFCADS at this position" rendering GSX to a waste of $$. I have tried payware airports and also default airports...the afcads are missing in or are misplaced in them all. At Corfu (aerosoft) I couldn't taxi the aircraft on to the ramp because of a huge elevation issue and again the afcad was not valid. 

I would prefer if I could DL Global vector 100 again so that I can continue to enjoy what I had as 101 is totally unacceptable for my flying enjoyment and that is really what it is all about. I don't believe I should have to purchase a mesh product to solve the problem that 101 has created. Can you please give me a simple method of returning to 100 ( I am not good with opening and deleting files in FSX so please don't go that route) or will FTX make a correction to 101 to rectify these problems? 

I'm still a fan...you have done great work and I enjoy what you have done in the past. I have purchased most of what you have produced so far and look forward to more in the future.

Thanks

Hi!

I don't have any idea what this "THERE IS NO VALID ACFAD AVAILABLE" message means, because I never got that with FSX. However, elevation issues can be fixed by using the configuration tool. I plan for Update 1.2 to include a "Save Profile" and "Load Profile" feature to the configurator, so that (when re-installing your PC etc.) you can simply load your previous configuration.

Bernd

I'm not familiar with changing files etc or how to use a configurator so is this update going to have an easy solution to all the wrong elevations and incorrect afcads? I would be happy to go back to v1.0 if I could but the uninstall of v1.1would be something I couldn't handle I'm afraid.( No valid afcad message came from both GSX and AES when I went to use them at various airports.)

I'm not familiar with changing files etc or how to use a configurator so is this update going to have an easy solution to all the wrong elevations and incorrect afcads? I would be happy to go back to v1.0 if I could but the uninstall of v1.1would be something I couldn't handle I'm afraid.( No valid afcad message came from both GSX and AES when I went to use them at various airports.)

The configurator is a program that was included with the installation of Vector 1.10 There should be a link to it right on your desktop. It's extremely easy to use... it's no more difficult than using the menu on the FSX startup screen to select the airport you want to fly from - you don't have to be any kind of "computer wizard" to understand it.

Vector was designed to work best with enhanced terrain mesh. If you are using default mesh, the airport elevation corrections that Vector automatically applies to all FSX airports will likely cause problems. That is what the Vector configuration program is for. It allows you to turn OFF the AEC elevation corrections for any airport in FSX, which should make that airport look more like it did in Version 1.0

Again, the configurator is not something you have to buy or install - you already have it as part of Vector 1.10 The user manual that came with the new version explains how to use it.

Not sure what may be causing the AFCAD error you're getting. I also use GSX, and it has been working fine since installing version 1.10

Thank you for the information> I didn't notice the config. icon on my desk top and your right, it is easy to use even for me. I did try some of the problem a/p's reconfig. and it seems to make things better although I noticed in Corfu(aerosoft) even though the elevation is corrected the taxiway has grass showing through the taxiway. Any way to fix that? 

Thanks 

I am having the same issue. Ground Services X are no longer working I believe. I can't get GSX to work at any airport at the moment. I get the same no AFCAD available. 

I have FTX Global, Vector 1.1, and FS Global 2010 Mesh installed now. Frustrating. 

And I can confirm GSX was working on the previous version of vector. I used it all the time, but now with 1.1, all I get is this afcad error, at every airport I've tried. 

I am having the same issue. Ground Services X are no longer working I believe. I can't get GSX to work at any airport at the moment. I get the same no AFCAD available. 

I have FTX Global, Vector 1.1, and FS Global 2010 Mesh installed now. Frustrating. 

And I can confirm GSX was working on the previous version of vector. I used it all the time, but now with 1.1, all I get is this afcad error, at every airport I've tried. 

You probably have to refresh the airport data cache of GSX!? I have GSX installed and have had no issue so far!

Bernd

Every airport im at, I hit "restart coutal products", and I get the GSX regenerating airport cache, it usually gets into 20%, and jumps to 41%, 47%, and then pauses for a while, and then says no afcad data at this position. Services not available. 

So you recommend a GSX re-install?

O13VT.jpg

I believe I have solved this issue. If you are not getting GSX to work, when in the sim, clock on the Add-ons menu, it should drop down, and then hover over Couatl-powered products, and then click "Check Live Update" It should pop up with a message that there is an "Addon Manager" update available, and you have to enter the website in the message into your browser. Close FSX, go to that website, and download the latest update from that site for the addon manager, install, and re-enter the sim. 

After I did this, back in FSX, I could now access the GSX services. Let me know if that solves your issues bailout3.

Archived