No Winter Texture!

Akbaris

Hello,

I have recently bought ftx global base and ftx global vector. And running dx10. I have no issues everything looks great. I was flying in canada mostly and I do have winter texture there. I tried England today and there is no winter texture. All the trees are green and looks like summer texture. Has anyone had this problem before??

Is there anything I can do to fix this.

Thanks everyone

Is this all over England? ... and ... I take it that you haven't got ORBX FTX ENG <??>.

I have FTX ENG (but neither Global nor Vector) and see winter OK (except I hate it - it's all grey and very *brown*). If you're using real time, FSX may have kicked into UK Spring. Does manually setting the season to "Winter" make any difference?

Oh - and welcome to the forum - you'll find the natives here very friendly!

Adam (generally a happy ORBX user and only an occasional whiner!)

March is considered by FSX as spring in the area of Western Europe. If you want hard winter, you should set from December to February

Remember of course that FTXGlobal base replaces textures and autogen.

The underlying landclass determines what textures will be displayed.  Further, there is a master seasons file (customised in regions) that controls 'when'

In short, if your FSX install does not ask for 'Hard Winter' textures, then they will not be displayed.

Hi guys,

I cleaned up this thread a bit even though I really have better things to do...  >:(

On topic: keep in mind that the season selection in FSX's "World > Time and Season" menu is very misleading because there's no guarantee that by selecting "Winter", "Spring" etc. you'll actually get to see the equivalent local seasonal textures.  I've explained the reason for that here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/18695-pnw-textures/page__p__162697__hl__+seasons%20+holger__fromsearch__1#entry162697

Our regions come with custom seasons files but FTX Global or Vector don't so you're limited to the default seasons file. Specifically to the UK it only shows "hard winter" in a few highland areas.

Cheers, Holger

Hey guys 

I am totally new to all this, I have had FSX for a long time but I stopped using it since I didn't have the right computer for it. I played with the dates a little and it worked. Thank you so much for your responses. I really appreciate it. I have one last issue that I am trying to solve

So I have FS Global 2010 and I also have the Orbx Global Base with its updates and Orbx Global Vector. Do I need to install all of them. or FS Global 2010 is just an extra. I am kinda confused between which of my Orbx product is terrain and which is texture. I know FS Global 2010 is terrain only.

Thanks guys.  ::)  ::)

Shahin

Archived