Post your Jandakot screenshots.

squeeker

I don't think enough has been shown of the Jandkot area on the forums, so here's my opening salvo to say thanks to the ORBX guys for doing such an outstanding job.

It's a bustling, decent sized airport (much larger than you'd expect), photreal - with good framerates(even on my old machine), and it "feels" like the real thing. Congrats guys, it's a masterpiece..

There's no shortage of Jandakot repaints for your aeroplanes (default, free and payware) so why not whack a few of your own screenies here?!...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great screenies there Steve, I will try to get some done over the next couple of days.

I agree that not enough good things have been said about this brilliant piece of work by Jarrad and team.  Have you noticed the Henderson shipyards?  Amazing amount of work there.

Cheers and thanks,

Nice shots there.

It was good to see the Burswood helicopter in the last two.

I am going for a scenic trip around the city the week after next.

It takes off from the Buswood heipad.

Looking forward to it as I have never been in a chopper before.

Be careful mate, it becomes an addiction very quickly!

I constantly amazed by the work Jarrad and the Orbx guys put out.  This is especially the case with us low and slow GA guys... That way we can appreciate the efforts at our leisure.  The two following screenise show the incredible attention to detail they have put in to the highway intersections.  Just brilliant.  These roads were ones I travelled on daily on my way to and from work for a number of years and I can honestly say the accuracy is superb...

For any simmers, not only us Western Australian simmers, if you don't have this, you have to grab it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers,

Wow Chris, excellent shots. Keep em coming! Looks like WA is really starting to pick up now as a destination for VFR simming. Jandakot is a perfect base for coastal and inland flights - now that it looks like the real thing that is.... The default was a painful "representation", so I feel thouroughly spoilt now. Bring on Perth Cityscape!!

It must be owned by an RACWA member   ;D

Hahaha well, to give away the secret of where the infamous green ORBX marketing ute came from... no, I'll save that story for another thread:P

I'm a bit late jumping on this thread, but nice screenies! Of course I'm a bit (unashamedly) biased, but all of these shots are terrific.

@ Steve - you should show Chuck shots #9 & 10 from your first post - I'm sure he'd be happy with the free advertising! Also, your TCY going-around shot - what is the rego of the inconsiderate Mooney? I don't think I've seen this paint before.

@otterspotter - nice shots mate, particularly like the Dromader. Even though this isn't a true FSX aircraft, still gets a lot of airtime on my setup. Perhaps one of the talented repainters might get stuck into, say, any of Phil Dunn's weathered old things? (*hint, hint!*)

I'll get off my backside tonight and add a couple of my own shots into the ring.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived