Scenery at 01CL Swansboro County California

Tenpin

Was out flying around the Placerville CA area and came across this airport. The scenery needs someone with a cat and carpenters to do a little repair work. Here's a picture. Another VA pilot basically sees the same thing. 

01CLscenery_zps66e4647b.jpg

Was out flying around the Placerville CA area and came across this airport. The scenery needs someone with a cat and carpenters to do a little repair work. Here's a picture. Another VA pilot basically sees the same thing.

confirmed. I have no GLOBAL. Maybe a wrong elevation adjustment file?

Wulf

Not that you needed any further confirmation, but I just went there as well.....I have a much more dramatic elevation issue.  Probably due to my mesh settings.

It appears that the airport background is set at an elevation (higher) different than the runway.

cheers; Bryan

Hi guys,

looks like a similar issue as we've discovered with KCPU: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74328-nca-kcpu-calaveras-county-apt-is-on-a-plateau/?hl=kcpu . I'll ask Chris whether he can post a hotfix.

Ironically, all these airports were checked by our Beta testers and were OK. However, just prior to release we had to run the entire set through a new version of the ADE airport design tool to fix the invisible-taxiways issue for P3Dv2 users and it turns out that a bug in that version of ADE can create issues with the elevation adjustment files. Fingers crossed that there aren't any more of these but do let us know if you spot them please. 

Cheers, Holger

Hi guys,

Chris has sent me updated files for 01CL. Please unzip the attached file below and move the two "ADEX_FTX_NCA_..." files into \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery and "ADE_FTX_NCA_01CL_elevation_adjustment.BGL" into \Scenery\World\scenery, overwriting the existing files with the same name.

Let us know whether that fixes the issue.

Cheers, Holger

FTX_NCA_01CL_updates.zip

Hi guys,

Chris has sent me updated files for 01CL. Please unzip the attached file below and move the two "ADEX_FTX_NCA_..." files into \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery and "ADE_FTX_NCA_01CL_elevation_adjustment.BGL" into \Scenery\World\scenery, overwriting the existing files with the same name.

Let us know whether that fixes the issue.

Cheers, Holger

I think something went haywire with your file attachment Holger.

• 2 weeks later...

Those files corrected the elevation at those 2 airports but now I have experienced another problem. When I set FTX Central to Default the elevation correction .bgl files for NCA are not turned off in scenery/world/scenery. The elevation correction .bgl files for all my other ORBX areas are turned  off, as they should be in Default setting.

Archived