Can't disable Vector Road lights for NA

Griphos

I can't seem to disable vector road lights for NA in FTX Central.  I uncheck the box, click apply, and the box is checked again.  I can uncheck it for Global or Oceania and apply and it remains unchecked.  I've tried switching regions and back, but every time I apply the NA region, the vector road lights box is checked.  How can I manually remove vector road lights from NA?  

Not at my fs computer atm so I can't check, but if I get stuck checkboxes in any ORBX scenery I go to the relevant scenery folder and look for files with an OFF extension.  Renaming the .OFF to .bgl and running the Control Panel again should fix it.  

Hi there,

as you probably know we're in the transition phase from the "old" 3D-lighting system to the new FTX Global-style version, which is why that checkbox in FTX Central isn't functional yet. Meanwhile, since only PNW has been changed to the new lighting system you can still deactivate the vector lights in the other NA regions with the external FTX Day switch on your desktop. However, that will remove all 3D lighting not just those along the roads.

Cheers, Holger

Okay, so just run FTX Day.  But will that deactivate the FTX Global-style lights in PNW as well?  The Vector lights seem to generate some stutters on my system.  When I fly in areas where they aren't active, the flights are smoother.  But, then, I'm not completely sure where they are and aren't active.  PNW seems to stutter more for me lately though, and more than the other NA regions or AU.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

as you probably know we're in the transition phase from the "old" 3D-lighting system to the new FTX Global-style version, which is why that checkbox in FTX Central isn't functional yet. Meanwhile, since only PNW has been changed to the new lighting system you can still deactivate the vector lights in the other NA regions with the external FTX Day switch on your desktop. However, that will remove all 3D lighting not just those along the roads.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I too am interested to shutting off vector lights in FTX sceneries such as the one I just today purchased, NCA.  It's a very nice piece of scenery but I find vector road lights are a bit hard on the system and look 'too perfect' in that the spacing seems too dense, too consistent, so would like them disabled.  Are you saying  there will be way to disable them in the future or not?  I think it's very important to give users control over this piece.

Also, while you're here:  I notice night flying in metro area in NCA the FTX 3D lights constantly flicker and it really looks weird and unnatural.  Is this normal, the heavy flickering behavior?  Yes in the real world lights flicker at night, but this is way way more intense and as I say unnatural, and really distracting.    Do I have something amiss w/ a video driver or is this default behavior for everyone?

Archived