Carenado B19000

John York

Just got this airplane.

Nice to fly manually.  A real treat.

However, if that irritating woman needlessly shouts; 'traffic' in my ear much more, I could very easily dump her and the 'plane.

The other criticism I have is that the Efis System auto pilot has to be brought up using shift 4.   This really should have been available in the panel because it has the heading control bug in it and the altitude control among other things.

It is nice though.

John

Haven't bought it yet, but will soon. Along with Cessna Caravan's the Beech 1900 is pretty well everywhere. There will probably be a fix somewhere for the "traffic" warning. Thanks for the recommendation and the "warning"!

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the Carenado King Air aircraft this would be my favourite, I made an adjustment in the aircraft.cfg file for the reverse thrust, I changed the setting "min_throttle_limit" to 0.03 from default 0.3, this gives only a tiny bit of reverse range as my saitek throttle doesnt have much play in reverse, this helps for taxing, also the beta thrust is pretty good, at the idle detent on the saitek throttle the 1900 is in beta range, so idle is between idle detent and the 25% making, this makes it so much better to taxi, turn corners and even tight parking bays with 180 deg turns. Very Happy 

That cfg for reverse thrust is an interesting tip worth trying.

I've come to the conclusion that I don't much like the 1900.  As I sad before the EFIS panel should have been built into the instrument panel instead of having it floating around on an 'F' key control.  After all, there are many things duplicated in the aircraft instrument panel on it anyway. but if you want the auto pilot, you have to use it for the heading and altitude controls.

It is a lovely aircraft to fly manually though so I'll keep it available for the shorter flights.

John

Lucky you Stu.

I can understand how people with good kits can enjoy it.  I'm very basic with a Saitek throttle and Microsoft Force Feedback 2, so decent controls on the aircraft itself is importatnt to me.

John

I have the Saitek panel with auto pilot,flaps and the other switch panel with avionics,switches and undercarriage.

All work beautifully with this aircraft....it is a joy for me to fly

Cheers stu

Hi,

I read some reviews in which customers wrote that this panel is working properly with default planes only. Since I fly paywere planes only, I should like to know if you got some different panel from the one I saw in Internet. Thanks for any advice,

Fulvio

Hi,

I read some reviews in which customers wrote that this panel is working properly with default planes only. Since I fly paywere planes only, I should like to know if you got some different panel from the one I saw in Internet. Thanks for any advice,

Fulvio

Hi Fulvio.

Ok..the panels I have are both saitek...one is a auto pilot panel ..including all buttons and mode switches,also with a flaps up down lever,the other one is a specific switch panel..eg,avionics,fuel pump,pitot,land,taxi lights and so on..this also has an undercarriage lever with 3 active lights to show if wheels up down and cycling. .. Which is really neat.

So I really had no great expectation that these would work with my payware planes...but I have had remarkable success really.

Examples...the beech...every button and lever works...my quality wings RJ/146...everything works except dialing in ALT .

Freeware dash 7...everything works.....capt sim 737/100 and 200...all switches flaps and undercarriage work,and about 60 percent of autopilot....all my light aircraft and default aircraft..everything works.

Failures are the flight 1 ATR and the Majestic Q400 is pretty hit and miss.

The really big important thing about using these panels is to just throw away the saitek drivers that comes with them..and don't go near the saitek drivers on their site

Just google SPAD Drivers and download the latest driver..follow instructions and you are away...this is really important.

Before I found out about the SPAD drivers I couldn't really get them to work at all.

Once you get used to using them they are really great..so much better to reach over and flick up the undercarriage lever or select new heading on an actual button and watch the instruments in your VC act along with what you are doing on your panel.

Well worth the money..but read the SPAD website..follow their instructions is soo important

Cheers stu

There are actually 2 gates in the real airplane... You have to physically lift the power levers to get past the gates.

The first stop is flight idle, from that point back to the second gate is beta range (flight beta to ground beta), then then you go into reverse.

That cfg for reverse thrust is an interesting tip worth trying.

I've come to the conclusion that I don't much like the 1900.  As I sad before the EFIS panel should have been built into the instrument panel instead of having it floating around on an 'F' key control.  After all, there are many things duplicated in the aircraft instrument panel on it anyway. but if you want the auto pilot, you have to use it for the heading and altitude controls.

It is a lovely aircraft to fly manually though so I'll keep it available for the shorter flights.

John

Not sure if you're aware but there is a click spot at the top right of the AP annunciator that brings up the 2D panel. My biggest beef with this plane is the goofy AP when encountering turbulence, the plane bucks up and down all over the place.   

There are actually 2 gates in the real airplane... You have to physically lift the power levers to get past the gates.

The first stop is flight idle, from that point back to the second gate is beta range (flight beta to ground beta), then then you go into reverse.

yes, thanks, but I mean in the sim - have they codes a flight idle gate like the PMDG J41? I guess it not likely.

Cathy, can't you change the [elevator trim sensitivity] value in the cfg ?

Ah ok. I could only suggest to change it until you are happy with it but that doesn't answer your question. To be honest I,m not convinced the trim can be anything but the developers interpretation of how it should be, even if tested by real pilots, so why not apply a dose of your own personal judgement with some small step changes.

Johnny

Archived