Very Disappointed At Present

RichardPM

I have just spent £90 buying Global & Vector & the results I have at present do reflect the images on your website or those in reviews I have read.  Even with the sliders up to full on all scenery setting the results are not good.  I am running FSX on Windows 8.1 without any problems.  Is there a problem with my installation.  I cannot find any similar posts on the forum.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/26/16KmG.th.png

This files should have gone with the other post as a comparison

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/26/eQrOI.th.png

eQrOI.png

16KmG.png
My order number is FSS0265417

Hi there: Would you kindly post some pictures of the areas you're not happy with? Here is how-to:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/45944-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

(You're slightly contradicting yourself here: "...the results I have at present do reflect the images on your website or those in reviews I have read.  Even with the sliders up to full on all scenery setting the results are not good..." Highlighted by me.) :)

Hi Richard,

sorry for chipping in from the sidelines here... The product screenshot clearly states on the bottom right hand corner, that UTX is also being used in that picture which is a seperate product by another developer and adds roads and addresses landclass. I don't have UTX myself and am waiting for the Orbx-Landclass product to become available which is currently in development. But even with that I can not expect to see exactly the same as what is shown in the product screenshot.

I am certain that the results will be more satisfactory once the landclass is available.

Cheers

Mallard

PS - just saw that jrrbolkin answered before me ;)

Now I'm curious - I'll have a look myself! :)

RJ7mF.jpg

Probably more or less the same you're seeing. I'm running stock FSX with ORBX stuff only (Vector, Global 2010 mesh, FTX Global), so that's how it is... No other add-ons, some differencies could be due to the settings, such as autogen. The OLC will add much better landclass in the future...

Hi Richard,

Could you also include your system specifications? Everything looks right with the installation, I can see Global textures and enhanced shorelines/roads/rivers from Vector. But if your system is struggling to keep up, it won't look nearly as nice.

Additionally, the preview shots all use ENBSeries. John has posted the config he uses for screenshots here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/53501-jvs-2013-enbseries-purple-haze/

That will add the coloration you see in the previews.

Cheers,

Alex

What I find intresting too see in these screenshots is that the vector data in FTX Vector is just as accurate as UTX's Vector data 8) . Quite immpressive considering FTX Vector delivers on a Global scale. Well done Orbx :smile: .

Hi Richard,

Looks to me as if your graphics settings are not right,  for example, I don't see any Anti Alaising in use, and maybe your resolution too.

Check in FSX display settings and make sure resolution is set correctly, ie. something like 1920 x 1080 X 32. if that's the max for your monitor.

If not using Nvidia graphics, I can't advise, but if so, use Inspector to get the display right.  Use this guide to set it up.

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

As Alex said above, some system specs would help. 

Ron.

Lots of useful stuff here. Thanks guys

System info Intel quad core processor at 2.33Ghz, 4Gb memory, GeForce 9800GT 512Mb video memory, DX11 Windows 8.1

Any advice on setting the graphics card for optimum performance appreciated.

kKda7.png

uSfYh.png

RbeiO.png

The middle one is of the coast outside Manila & looks nothing like the images on the website

Vlad looking at your picture the only differences are the 2010 mesh & the settings because you view is more detailed than mine

Hi Richard,

Antialiasing and Gfx settings aside, FSX is a pretty heavy beast when it comes to CPU / memory turnover.  For that reason, you may struggle.  (I have often thought that manufacturers should provide a free copy of FSX with new computers to ensure that users keep updating with new hardware)

The main thing I think I see in your picture is that the terrain textures don't look crisp.   The problem is, in order to sharpen them (Texture resolution slider higher = smaller cm/pixel) the more lag and blurring you might encounter.

If you stop (press Y and cease the aircraft in slew mode), or pause the sim, do the textures catch up and become sharp, or are they always blurry?

.I think you will struggle with sliders to the right, but you may be able to find a compromise.

I'll leave the graphics tweaking to others.  The 9800GT is a few generations old now (I used to own one!) so modest AA and filtering will probably be required.

I'd have to agree with Ian here.  The 9800 GTX is something I had about 4-5 years ago now along with a quad core.  I was however able to tweak FSX to sow a decent redering by reading up on a lot of tweaking sites and figuring out how to maximize my fsx cfg to suit the system.  It may require you to do a little research, but I am sure you'll be able to get it going pretty well, but that said, when you are using fast jets, you may never get it to keep up as the computer is constantly trying to keep up and render.  In a small GA or helicopter you should be fine.

Archived