NA Airports littered with Auto-gen

pepsimachine

Hello, Hope you guys can help. I installed Australia SP-4, NZSI, NZQN and NZMF over the holidays and have been flying that area. The other day I returned to PNW and NRM areas and found that all my non-payware airports are cluttered with houses and trees. The runways are usually clear but the parking areas and taxiways and all the areas around the runway are full of auto-gen. If I switch to Global in FTX Central then they are OK. But when I switch back to North America the problem is back. I also recently installed the .007 patch.

I have the following products from the FlightSim Store/  PNW #58950 / KORS #93224 / 1S2 and 3W5 #104609 / 74S #146010

NRM #93785 /FTX Global #223845 / SP4 # 249435 / NZSI # 251746 / NZQN and NZMF #255377

Hi there,

that's pretty odd because you're missing the grass skirting polygons that cover airport areas and keep out the underlying landclass autogen. Since it seems to be OK with FTX Global active it may be an issue with the specific terrain.cfg entries supplied by PNW. Thus I'd suggest "refreshing" your terrain.cfg file. The active terrain.cfg is located in the main FSX folder and there's a backup of the original version in the \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder. Make a copy of your active terrain.cfg (as a safety backup) and then overwrite it with the original version. Then you need to start and cycle FTX Central at least once between options (doesn't matter which) and press Apply to automatically re-insert the FTX custom entries. Also, if you own other add-ons that require custom entries, like Ultimate Terrain or FSAddon, you'll need to run their setup tools or repair options as well.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

that's what I mean. If the issue happens in both Global hybrid and North America modes then it's more likely that something is excluding our polygons. (When using FTXG without the hybrid checkbox what you're seeing are the default airport skirtings). Are you sure there are no entries above the FTX block that may contain such excludes?

Cheers, Holger

Howdy,

I suspect that the UTX excludes ("Exclusions for default scenery") are the culprit. As per the manual the Ultimate Terrain entries should be at lower display priority than the FTX block otherwise you won't even see most of the NA region's components; also see here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/17121-ultimate-terrain-x-usacanada-and-ultimate-alaska-x-compatibility-with-ftx-pnw-pfj-and-nrm/

Cheers, Holger

• 5 months later...

Hello, Hope you guys can help. I installed Australia SP-4, NZSI, NZQN and NZMF over the holidays and have been flying that area. The other day I returned to PNW and NRM areas and found that all my non-payware airports are cluttered with houses and trees. The runways are usually clear but the parking areas and taxiways and all the areas around the runway are full of auto-gen. If I switch to Global in FTX Central then they are OK. But when I switch back to North America the problem is back. I also recently installed the .007 patch.

I have the following products from the FlightSim Store/  PNW #58950 / KORS #93224 / 1S2 and 3W5 #104609 / 74S #146010

NRM #93785 /FTX Global #223845 / SP4 # 249435 / NZSI # 251746 / NZQN and NZMF #255377

I only have Global Base and vect with the new patch... trees as well.....

Archived