This should be a hobby

AndreaD

It has to do with respect and courtsey.  One can certainly have a difference of opinion, and, express that opinion without being disrepectful and/or discourteous.  I believe a major contributor to disrepectful/discourteous communications over the internet is the lack of a face to face environment.  Granted, there are those would say the same things and in the same manner face to face and take great pride in doing so.  I suppose those select few would associate some level of bravado or macho in being rude or blunt.  I have spent my working life (43 odd years) working with a wide range of people covering a very wide range of educational accomplishments and cultures.  The most effective people that I have had the pleasure to work with have always taken the time, made the extraordinary effort, to be respectful and courteous.  Particularly, when the subject or conversational circumstances were the most contentous.

It is never conducive to communications to demean or insult the very person you are trying to pursuade to your way of thought.

Regards,

To the Flysim Community..........

Last night, after the eleventh ctd in a row, I stared at the PC, looked at the window, and for a long instant I cherished the fantasy of seeing the whole metallic box fly down to the street, with cables, joystick, monitor, everything.

So I say: that's our enemy, that's our conquest, let's be nice to each other and fight together!

Thanks for sharing ^_^ . I can recongize myself in your struggles with P3Dv2 and you have my sympathy. It can be frustrating as hell, and I was about to do the same ting. :lol:  The last couple of days my luck with P3Dv2 seems to have changed and now Im having a blast 8) , think my prayers to the almighty might have gone trough,  haha.

Hope it works out for you too ::) .

Interesting. Due to recent experiences elsewhere, I was on the verge of posting a thread about how civilised this place is compared to the testosterone-fueled combat flight sim forums I frequent. It's driven a lot of people away, I'm sure. Now here's he bottom line as far as I'm concerned - I like old aeroplanes. I like petending to fly them (sometimes I like to pretend to shoot other old aeroplanes down - you can analyse it until the cows come home, the Freudians and the Jungists would both have valid points to make, I'm sure. I would maintain that I just like old aeroplanes - some people like amature drama clubs and brewing their own beer, it's just a hobby). I've spent a fortune on add-ons, peripherals, books and toys to make the way I do my hobby as enjoyable as possible. It's nice to have a place to go where I can share this interest with like-minded people from all over the World - and trust me on this point - this place is the nicest one I've found. Long may it continue. :)

OK Andy H said what I meant to say, only in a far more eloquent manner.

Last night, after the eleventh ctd in a row, I stared at the PC, looked at the window, and for a long instant I cherished the fantasy of seeing the whole metallic box fly down to the street, with cables, joystick, monitor, everything.

So I say: that's our enemy, that's our conquest, let's be nice to each other and fight together!

Agreed. We will take up the sword (mouse?) against the OOM oppressors, and we will beat them. Together.

Virtual Pilot-arians of the world, UNITE!

Archived