VRS Speedbug and TacPack Poll

GroovyMotion

Speedbug and TacPack  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own the VRS Speedbug?

2. 2. Do you own the VRS TacPack?

3. 3. If you are using TacPack, do you do multiplayer?

Hi Jean-Francois,

Interesting Poll!

Just to let you know, if you have answered question 2 already with "No", you still have to answer question 3, otherwise you'll receive an error message. So the resutls for question 3 won't be very informative. 

BTW I think it's calles "Superbug" 8)

Hi Jean-Francois,

Interesting Poll!

Just to let you know, if you have answered question 2 already with "No", you still have to answer question 3, otherwise you'll receive an error message. So the resutls for question 3 won't be very informative. 

BTW I think it's calles "Superbug" 8)

Ah! And I can't fix it! :(

Great poll. Best product for FSX available that I literally never use, because I'm just not an online MP guy.

In fact, I don't even have it installed at the moment. When that French mod group releases their theatre-builder/object placer, then I'll get back into it, no question.

Great poll. Best product for FSX available that I literally never use, because I'm just not an online MP guy.

In fact, I don't even have it installed at the moment. When that French mod group releases their theatre-builder/object placer, then I'll get back into it, no question.

Interesting! I have never done any MP but I checked some videos it looks really cool.

My only gripe is that in order to get a free TacPack version of the Warthog you need BOTH the Superbug and TacPack so this means $$$ :(

I also have  never done MP so far and I don't own TackPack, but I have the Superbug and I love it. Unfortunatly it is not P3D compatible (yet?), which is actually one of the reasons that I haven't changed to P3D yet.

Interesting! I have never done any MP but I checked some videos it looks really cool.

My only gripe is that in order to get a free TacPack version of the Warthog you need BOTH the Superbug and TacPack so this means $$$ :(

Well, keep in mind that you also get a lot of extras for your additional $$$. First you get the Superbug itself, and I would say it is worth every nickel. And there are also other TacPack capable projects, such as Dino's F-14 which is already released (freeware in this case).

Well, keep in mind that you also get a lot of extras for your additional $$$. First you get the Superbug itself, and I would say it is worth every nickel. And there are also other TacPack capable projects, such as Dino's F-14 which is already released (freeware in this case).

Yeah But unfortunately Dino's freeware requires FSX Acceleration :(

I own both the Superbug and TacPack, which together are amazing. The things VRS have been able to do with FSX are incredible - stuff like the FLIR video and working ejection seat is especially nice. The level of detail and systems simulation is unlike any other aircraft I have ever seen. Nothing else comes close.

And there are many other developers now jumping on the TacPack bandwagon too: Dino Cattaneo with his fantastic freeware F-35 and F-14, IRIS with their A-10 TacPack upgrade, and Metal2Mesh are working on a TacPack F-15 too. Also, FSX@War will be amazing when it is released.

In addition, TacPack gives you many features which can be used with non-TacPack aircraft too - such as full-screen night vision, AI tanker aircraft spawner, etc.

I don't do MP, however.

I own both the Superbug and TacPack, which together are amazing. The things VRS have been able to do with FSX are incredible - stuff like the FLIR video and working ejection seat is especially nice. The level of detail and systems simulation is unlike any other aircraft I have ever seen. Nothing else comes close.

And there are many other developers now jumping on the TacPack bandwagon too: Dino Cattaneo with his fantastic freeware F-35 and F-14, IRIS with their A-10 TacPack upgrade, and Metal2Mesh are working on a TacPack F-15 too. Also, FSX@War will be amazing when it is released.

In addition, TacPack gives you many features which can be used with non-TacPack aircraft too - such as full-screen night vision, AI tanker aircraft spawner, etc.

I don't do MP, however.

wow thanks a lot for the infos Pete, this is very helpful! :)

Thanks a LOT for the FSX@War tip I checked out the site and it looks mighty impressive!

I wonder if it would be a good idea to run a separate FSX, the acceleration one?!

I wonder if it would be a good idea to run a separate FSX, the acceleration one?!

To run TacPack, you won't need a separate FSX, nor will you need Acceleration (you will however need FSX SP2).

Just a couple things to be aware of regarding TacPack:

. TacPack will not work with FSX in DX10 mode, it will only work in DX9. This is relevant if you like the way your Orbx scenery looks in DX10.

. While I understand that the VRS teams have internally been able to get TacPack working with P3D, no P3D version of TacPack will be released. This is due to P3D's licensing laws that mean only "simulation" products can be sold for it, while TacPack is a "consumer recreation" product. This, for me, is the main thing preventing me from switching to P3D.

If you're looking for some advice, then I would say that, if you are interested in military flight simulation, then it is a must have. For me, the biggest thing missing from FSX all these years was not having a "mission" - you can fly to a destination, but then there's nothing to do there. TacPack solves that problem.

If you do purchase TacPack, I would also urge you to download Dino Cataneo's fantastic F-35. He has integrated Helmet Mounted Display (HMD) support into his aircraft, so all you have to do is look at your ground target in FSX, designate it via a single click, then release your weapon and watch it go destroy your target. Incredible, and best of all, Dino's F-35 is completely free! You will however need Acceleration for this, but I would say that the F-35 alone would make a separate install worth it.

And, of course, it is fully compatible with all Orbx products I own, and the two enhance each other perfectly. :)

I did not know this about VRS TP and DX10. That is a drawback to be sure, as I have started using Steve's DX fixer and it has made a huge difference for me.

Just to be clear, it is only TP "Experimental Features" (which includes fullscreen NVG and FLIR video) that won't work in DX10.

To run TacPack, you won't need a separate FSX, nor will you need Acceleration (you will however need FSX SP2).

Just a couple things to be aware of regarding TacPack:

. TacPack will not work with FSX in DX10 mode, it will only work in DX9. This is relevant if you like the way your Orbx scenery looks in DX10.

. While I understand that the VRS teams have internally been able to get TacPack working with P3D, no P3D version of TacPack will be released. This is due to P3D's licensing laws that mean only "simulation" products can be sold for it, while TacPack is a "consumer recreation" product. This, for me, is the main thing preventing me from switching to P3D.

If you're looking for some advice, then I would say that, if you are interested in military flight simulation, then it is a must have. For me, the biggest thing missing from FSX all these years was not having a "mission" - you can fly to a destination, but then there's nothing to do there. TacPack solves that problem.

If you do purchase TacPack, I would also urge you to download Dino Cataneo's fantastic F-35. He has integrated Helmet Mounted Display (HMD) support into his aircraft, so all you have to do is look at your ground target in FSX, designate it via a single click, then release your weapon and watch it go destroy your target. Incredible, and best of all, Dino's F-35 is completely free! You will however need Acceleration for this, but I would say that the F-35 alone would make a separate install worth it.

And, of course, it is fully compatible with all Orbx products I own, and the two enhance each other perfectly. :)

Not too sure, I try to steer away from any acceleration required add-ons, this would mean a second FSX to buy on top of the tacpack, that's a lot of money!

TacPack is still an option but definitely not in the imediate future, a job is more important right now :wacko::D

But thanks for all the infos Pete.

Edit: I meant that FSX acceleration would be in the future and I still have the superbug and TacPack in my wish list :)

I have always looked for quality in flight sims ever since FS4. There are only two aircraft Developers that come close to the VRS Superhornet. These Guys at VRS have spent several years developing one aircraft and now weapons systems that no one would have thought possible in Microsoft Flight Sim. Aircraft such as this combined with realistic sceneries/airports such as ORBX make the sim as "Real as it gets", BG's original intention. Cheers, gibo

I have always looked for quality in flight sims ever since FS4. There are only two aircraft Developers that come close to the VRS Superhornet. These Guys at VRS have spent several years developing one aircraft and now weapons systems that no one would have thought possible in Microsoft Flight Sim. Aircraft such as this combined with realistic sceneries/airports such as ORBX make the sim as "Real as it gets", BG's original intention. Cheers, gibo

Thanks for the feedback gibo! :)

Archived