PNW Issue - Vancouver, WA

JohnE77

Copied from my post in the Release Announcements forum:

Hello,

After installing SP 6 I noticed floating houses just to the east of Vancouver Lake, in Vancouver, WA. I am sure I installed the SP with FTX Central set to North America. Perhaps the floating houses were there before.

Can someone replicate this, and if so could this be corrected in the next SP for PNW?

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

floating autogen houses are typically a temporary bug and get grounded again when reloading the local scenery via World > Scenery Library > OK. We don't know exactly what causes it but those houses are loaded by the sim as a block and sometimes it seems to pick the wrong altitude.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Wulf,

interesting observation. There might be a correlation between overall resource use and the likelihood of those incorrect altitude calculations. If that's the case and DX10 preview mode is less demanding on your PC then less floating houses may indeed be a positive side effect.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Wulf,

interesting observation. There might be a correlation between overall resource use and the likelihood of those incorrect altitude calculations. If that's the case and DX10 preview mode is less demanding on your PC then less floating houses may indeed be a positive side effect.

Cheers, Holger

Just to add my own experiences, I would tend to agree that it's a resource thing... It doesn't happen often, but it does happen from time to time on my system too... Usually in areas with high def airports and settings/CP options cranked up to max...

Archived