Altitude problems with airports

glasklar

Is it helpful for you, when users inform you about altitude problems with airports or not?

I found several airports with altitude problems (i.e. SLRQ in Bolivia, although this airport is in the FTX_VECTOR_AEC

folder).

If you prefer, that users don't inform you about these altitude problems, because you will correct them anyway with patches

in the future, please let us know it.

Heinz

Hi Stefan

A question. I use FS Global 2010 since some years. I corrected many airports with AFM tool. When in the AEC Vector Folder are also corrections of

the same airports, may this causes problems, because this is a double correction?

Heinz

Hello Heinz!

A very good question! Thank you for rising this.

All previously done AFM corrections should be removed (using the AFM tool). The AFM tool does no elevation correction at all. It does a mesh correction. It amends the surounding mesh to fit the (still wrong!) apt alt.

Vector (from V1.10) does a real alt correction in the core files.

We are working on a new AFM, which will later amend the surrounding mesh to get rid of the walls and hills the flat apt concept will always generate thus integrating apts into the surrounding mesh.

Finally using the Mesh, Vector and AFM all will look like FSX/P3D default very nicely for the eye. But we can not do everything at once. These are worldwide projects.

This may have slipped through the net.

The FSX elevation is 898 feet, the real world seems to be also 898 feet.

Vector seems to alter the elevation to about 665 feet.

This is what default FSX mesh looks like

SLRQdefault_zps89c56504.jpg

and this is what I see if I activate some addon mesh

SLRQmesh_zpsed7d67f4.jpg

But the surrounding terrain seems to be around 1400 feet, is it also in the wrong place?

If there was ever a need for addon mesh, it is here ^-^

Regards,

Nick

Archived