Really needed a configuration tool

colang

Hello,

after waiting impatiently several months for the release of FTX Global Vector, I bought  it as soon as it was released (error, never again!).

I'm very disappointed with this product.

It appears higly unrealistic and unwatchable in all urban and sub-urban areas.

Here are some pictures of Bologna, Italy.

This one is wit FTX Global Vector

jff3.jpg

In which part of the world the urban road have grass encasements?

In which cities does exists roads large near 40 meters?

This one is a photoreal scenery, in which the city appears as it should be.

4g4a.jpg

And this one is after deactivating Vector.

OK, not the best look, but at least credible.

wz8c.jpg

Here are some pictures near L'Aquila, Italy.

bvo4.jpg

os0x.jpg

We can see a roundabout larger than a stadium, giant secondary roads with encasements worth of a Californian nighway,

In the second picture we can see the minimal difference from the highway lanes going into the tunnel and the local roads nearby.

And what's happened in the next picture?

zy7x.jpg

The overall impression is a complete mess of any rural and little town area, scarred by giant bulldozers ???

bb7o.jpg

The last one, just to understand the "dimesions of the problem"  :lol:

tzao.jpg

This is LIAP, a medium airport with a 1500X30 meters runway.

As you can see, the local secondary roads are larger than the runway, we can say about 40 meters?

Also the minor country roads have encasements greater than a taxyway, making them unlikely huges.

So, this is not a report of a local bug needing be fixed by your excellent support.

The problem, as you can see, is general and worldwide.

I think it's really needed a configuration tool, allowing the customer choose where and when apply the encasements, which roads enable and make visible and which not, and so on.

The product, at the present state is unusable, as it ruins irremediably the excellent work made with FTX Global textures.

Hope such tool and opitions will be available in the future and this statement

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70597-please-add-a-user-interface-to-enabledisable-roads-hopefully-by-road-type/

will be changed.

Otherwise the only choice remaining to me is uninstall the product (unfortunately refund of downloaded items is not possible)  and wait again patiently for someone developing an equivalent one.

Soon or late someone will do it.

I fully support the request made in the topic above.

It is realy disturbing as the roads are way to wide and with the encasements they are looking awfull.

No doubt I'm a loyal OBRX customer but I'm not willing to accept everything.

Apparently it is a design decision and JV said it won't be changed :unsure:  I find it very sad, after the mindblowing, beautifully rendered sceneries that Orbx has been seen to produce and gain a reputation of producing to such a high standard, that we now have, IMO, this dreadful creation.

Apparently it is a design decision and JV said it won't be changed :unsure:  I find it very sad, after the mindblowing, beautifully rendered sceneries that Orbx has been seen to produce and gain a reputation of producing to such a high standard, that we now have, IMO, this dreadful creation.

JV is wise enough to know when something needs to change after all.

JV said that there will not be a.configuration tool, but that doesn't mean we can't adjust road widths. I have noted.this request and we will investigate it after the first update is released.

I think most people by now mainly have problems with the huge and also often inappropriate encasements when they talk about the roads needing a fix: the roads themselves are fine when those are removed, I think.

JV said that there will not be a.configuration tool, but that doesn't mean we can't adjust road widths. I have noted.this request and we will investigate it after the first update is released.

Bernd

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Well, I have to admit Bernd, that is good news....

Gents,

Imho, I thought the roads have been developed quite nicely. I'll have to explore Europe more but in the US of what I have seen is quite appealing. Notwithstanding, agree with what is posted above the verges are quite large, and perhaps designed too generally. In some of the shots below the verge is edged in snowy borders. Perhaps this was the impetuous.

FS_SCREENSHOT_159_zps8974755b.png

FS_SCREENSHOT_165_zps1af73609.png

FS_SCREENSHOT_153_zps0d6fd981.png

FS_SCREENSHOT_142_zps7be2ce29.png

I can't believe it's a design decision. It obviously looks terrible and unrealistic.

Based on my own experience of Vector so far, I agree with the comments above, though in other places, Vector is just wonderful. And most of all I agree with Spirit_66, ( as I'm sure we all do ). Keep going, Bernd...we all want this to succeed.  

Archived