ftx global vector [Correct Settings to Use]

Hi all what a improvement ftx global vector  to fsx it is like a new sim thanks orbx .

Well I have all areas of  fs global ultimate  Europe Africa ,the Americas and Asia oceania I take it that this will work ok with ftx global vector .

Please could someone please on the correct settings for ftx global vector .

On pilots reader pdf file it is saying setting's for fs global ultimate Europe Africa - mesh resolution set to 1m .

And with the reader pdf file for ftx global vector  set mesh resolution to 10 m or  5m please could some one advise  what would be the best setting to use .

Like I have said I am very happy with ftx global vector fsx just gets better and better .regards Stewart

Hi Stewart,

I think there is no definite answer. The recommendation in the Vector manual is made based on the assumption that not everybody got a (highlevel) mesh. IF you got FSGlobal Ultimate go with the 1 meter setting.

But: There are sometimes addons requiring settings of 5 or 10 meter, because for example they have modelled a sloped runway or something else requiring a special setting.

I always use the highest possible setting and have only in rare cases experienced problems.

With FTX Vector you should use a setting of 10 m.

Why not 5m?

With FTX Vector you should use a setting of 10 m.

The user guide tells us that the mesh resolution should be 10 or 5 meter.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>quoted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

10m is the recommended mesh resolution, but 5m is recommended for best terrain results if you have Orbx

airports installed. There is no performance penalty by having a high resolution resolution setting, as the sim will only use

what it can find.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I would use 5 meter as it is already my standard setting but I don't have Global Vector.

Spirit

Archived