Lost everything [after SAK and Libs Update]

jet54

Order #223395

I just updated SAK and latest Lib s and lost everything from FTX Central,  What Happened?  Have Global Ftx, most regions and several airports.  

PNW, SAK, NRM, PFJ, Several airports, Global FTX. When I looked in folders everything is there, the problem occurred after updates with Central, FSX library lost most areas also. When opening Central it shows several areas with errors report.

Hi Ed last night i uninstalled all Orbx products and reinstalled today all ok so far, afraid to use latest library. Let you know if it happens again, thanks.

Before installing the library again, just make a backup of the contents of that folder, so if it occurs again you will just need to restore those files.

This has me baffled somewhat and will need to investigate further..

Hmm, we are talking about FSX and the 131215 Libs, correct?

Did you back up the files from the ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions before installing the LIbs? If you did, restore those files and then in the ORBX\Scripts folder, there's a file called ORBXLIBS_Cleanup.bat. Double click that to run it and see if the files disappear again. Just need to see if that is the culprit.

Ed I think I spotted the problem, I use link majic to redirect orbx files from D drive to C drive and for some reason when I tried to install lib it disconnected the link and installed files in D drive file. So what do I do abt that one. Sorry should have seen that bfore.

Hi everyone, I noticed that the physical location (ie the symbolic link location) of my ftx files still exists and shows all the original files. As in the case of jet54 only the link got broken. Anybody here who could help me restore this? Should I just

- back up the entire Orbx folder;

- re-create the link and then copy all of the backup into the Orbx folder again?

I am a little bit lost here and honestly, re-installing everything would mean min one day of re-installation of everything I got from OrbX...

I see an earlier post that says to re establish the link and merge the file to the link point and it worked for then. I loaded the earlier lib and it worked fine it seems the latest lib is creating this issue. Will try this method for newest lib and let u know.

Archived