Please: add a user interface to enable/disable roads, hopefully by road type

Noel

I bought Vector for P3D V2, but will not install it until I can control whether road data is displayed or not, and as I understand it there are maybe two road class types, so that would be useful as well to allow control of both types separately.  This is critically important from a performance & visuals perspective, and both of these matter greatly.  Please, add this most basic of features and as soon as possible--it will be appreciated by most if not all users I'm sure.

Noel

Sorry, not going to happen - this has been explained to customers many times before and the product is not designed to be tweaked or configured. 

Hi.  That's too bad.  I was looking forward to this product, but if I won't be able to decide what type of roads I want rendered and what the width of the roads and encasements are then I will not be buying it.

ORBX or Pilot's should seriously consider providing users a few different options, such as road types to include, road lighting, and road and encasement widths so folks can, at least in a small way, customize the product to their liking.

Hi.  That's too bad.  I was looking forward to this product, but if I won't be able to decide what type of roads I want rendered and what the width of the roads and encasements are then I will not be buying it.

ORBX or Pilot's should seriously consider providing users a few different options, such as road types to include, road lighting, and road and encasement widths so folks can, at least in a small way, customize the product to their liking.

+1

Though, I already have purchased it. I don't regret but would like to have some less roads in big city areas as it currently does not look so good. Allowing some personal adjustments would be great.

Harry

Sorry, not going to happen - this has been explained to customers many times before and the product is not designed to be tweaked or configured. 

Sincerely I hope this will change.

Otherwise my only remaining choice wil be uninstall the product.

As I wrote here

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70977-really-needed-a-configuration-tool/

the product, at the present state is unusable, as it ruins irremediably the excellent work made with FTX Global textures.

Very sad to say this, as I'm satisfied with all ORBX european produtcs and bought the last ones as soon as they were released.

But right now my trust is in Orbx is almost spoiled, and next time I'll double check all the forums before buy anything.

A fundamental flaw in the product not to have the ability to configure certain features, especially road widths. Please reconsider.

Roads should be like they are in real. No need to have a configurator. What will you do with such a tool. Design your own roads?

Spirit

Roads should be like they are in real. No need to have a configurator. What will you do with such a tool. Design your own roads?

Spirit

The point is that the depicted road widths are overly wide, I suspect look great if flying at 20k but not so good if low level. A quick check of some of the posted pics will back this up. Providing a means of adjusting road widths allows one to adjust the visual presentation to satisfy both types of flyer. As has been recognised by some other vector providers

No debate, end of discussion, my point of view!

The point is that the depicted road widths are overly wide, I suspect look great if flying at 20k but not so good if low level. A quick check of some of the posted pics will back this up. Providing a means of adjusting road widths allows one to adjust the visual presentation to satisfy both types of flyer. As has been recognised by some other vector providers

No debate, end of discussion, my point of view!

Well, well, well - no debate, end of discussion, my point of view!      ::)     You may think to be the center of gravity, but you're not!

If the roads are in the right scale, what they are obviously not at the moment, then they would be good from every level of view. Don't waste energy for a configuration tool, better take it in the effort for improving the product with correct scaled roads etc.

Spirit

::)     You may think to be the center of gravity, but you're not!

Spirit

Yes Spirit, the centre of gravity of the Earth rotates within the Earth at a depth of about a thousand miles in simpathy with the positon of the moon, so it would be confusing to be the centre of gravity of our system. However, mathematically speaking, the centre of an infinite universe is anywhere within said universe, so each of us as an individual  is at the centre of our own universe - how important is that - take a bow Spirit_66

Yes Spirit, the centre of gravity of the Earth rotates within the Earth at a depth of about a thousand miles in simpathy with the positon of the moon, so it would be confusing to be the centre of gravity of our system. However, mathematically speaking, the centre of an infinite universe is anywhere within said universe, so each of us as an individual  is at the centre of our own universe - how important is that - take a bow Spirit_66

Hi Bill,

should I've said: "You may think the world revolves around you, but it doesn't"? ::)

Spirit

Spirit

Yes, this is the point.

Roads are not equal all over the world.

A road in the english lowlands is not equal to an alpine pass road of same width.

A Californian highway is not equal to an European highway having the same lanes number.

A product covering the whole world must deal with some compromises, defining some standard types for the roads.

A configuration tool would allow to the user to activate and deactivate some elements (mainly the encasements) and choice what to see and what not,  to match the best possible look for the region in which he is flying.

Yes, this is the point.

Roads are not equal all over the world.

A road in the english lowlands is not equal to an alpine pass road of same width.

A Californian highway is not equal to an European highway having the same lanes number.

A product covering the whole world must deal with some compromises, defining some standard types for the roads.

A configuration tool would allow to the user to activate and deactivate some elements (mainly the encasements) and choice what to see and what not,  to match the best possible look for the region in which he is flying.

Well, that's an aspect but I would rather see the product being improved and having more specific road shapes.

Spirit

Archived