Vector and Full Fat regions

teecee

I usually only fly in the Orbx "full fat" areas, and though I would love to buy Vector, I need to clarify a point. I seem to remember JV saying that vector would improve coastlines and other small parts of the areas such as Aus, but I am not sure. Could you clarify this please JV? Teecee.

TC, I have now installed FTX Vector and FTX Global and have checked AUS SP4. Vector does not alter anything there. However if you switch from Oceania to Global within FTX Central, you'll get much more detailed shorelines and water bodies than within AUS SP4 (haven't checked other vector data like roads etc.). So the vector data of FTX Vector are more accurate than the ones of AUS SP4. Of course custom lanclass, custom autogen etc. are much better in AUS SP4 than in FTX Global. So the conclusion is that you can't have the best of both worlds. Unless Orbx finds a way to combine AUS SP4 with FTX Vector.

Cheers, Wolfgang 

Much as I thought, but I do seem to remember JV touching on this subjest.. Perhaps an update on some of the Full Fat regions is in the future?.. I hope so, because the coastlines in particular in Aus are awful in places.. Teecee.

Archived