ORBX EU scenery addon ?

Marius Lungan

Hello ORBX,

I am curios to know if eneyone from ORBX has think about to create Addon Scenery for Europe? Just few examples: LEMD (the addon from Aerosoft has big problems) or ESSA, EKCH, EHAM .....and many many many other...

I know that all of you are concentrated on Vector, OpenLC and improvments for allready out products but I had to ask.

Thanks for all you(orbx team) are doing for us !!!

Beste Regards

Marius L.

We of course plan to release airports in EU to work with FTX Global and also FTX Norway. We have already announced and previewed two airports, one in Norway and one in France. There will be many more to come for sure. Right now our focus is on rolling out the FTX Global family of products, finishing NCA Northern California, then starting on NOR Norway. In addition to all of that we continue to release airports for many of our FTX regions.

We of course plan to release airports in EU to work with FTX Global and also FTX Norway. We have already announced and previewed two airports, one in Norway and one in France. There will be many more to come for sure. Right now our focus is on rolling out the FTX Global family of products, finishing NCA Northern California, then starting on NOR Norway. In addition to all of that we continue to release airports for many of our FTX regions.

Thanks for info John.

I wanted to know becouse I am sure that ORBX will perform better and the others. I wish you luck in all your plans and I hope someday to invite other pilots to Dracula`s land for landing on a ORBX addon scenery...

I also have to ask something about addon scenerys that you allready created. YMML for example, why I have to buy AU Sp4 before? I am asking this becouse yesterday I wanted to buy from FSS and there I readed that I gave to buy and install AU sp4 for YMML to work, is that true? It is not enough to have FTX Global?

Beste Regards

Marius L.

Please someone help me and answer to my question!

Do I have to buy FTX AU to instal an addon scenery like ORBX YMML? Or do I have to buy FTX EU to instal ORBX scenery in England??

I whant to buy some ORBX scenerys but in FSS to the description of the product I reded that I have to buy FTX AU for instaling YMML...

take air...

I have every UK FTX airport. That's Cardiff [free with FTX Wales], Old Warden, Popham, Elstree, Shoreham, Southampton etc. Clearly, within FTX England [and Wales], they blend seamlessly, to the point they can be hard to find visually! And of course, they all sit at the correct elevation for the FTX England and Wales custom mesh.

But, if I turn OFF England, Wales and Scotland, using FTX Global instead, the airfields are still there. But, they do not blend as well with Global as they do in their respective region, and with some, there are elevation mismatches due to FTX Global using the FSX default terrain mesh.

Southampton for example looks fine in either EU England or Global, whereas in my own experience, Elstree does not. Old Warden also works well, but the photoreal area is just that little bit more obvious in Global. Cardiff looks fine to a point, until you see the cliffs on final approach!

Australia 'might' be a little different, in that [i believe] it uses the default mesh, until such a time you download and install the freeware 'Holger Mesh' for the region. Australia might be a little easier in that regard.

I currently run both P3D V1:4 and FSX, both for different things. On P3D I currently only have FTX Global, which I'll add vector to, and land classes as they become available. In FSX I only use regions, as I now have them all except for Ireland, although I have FTX Global and UTX Europe installed there too.

I'm in the process of adding freeware and payware airports to regions [in FSX], as well as the Global representation of those regions in P3D, and whilst most things seem to work, its just a question of how much you are prepared to live with the various 'issues'. The only 'perfect' match is that of a region specific FTX airport in that specific FTX region. The advantage of using some in FTX Global is the FPS increase you might [or might not] experience. I get 4 FPS more at Southampton in Global than I do at the same location in FTX England.

I have every UK FTX airport. That's Cardiff [free with FTX Wales], Old Warden, Popham, Elstree, Shoreham, Southampton etc. Clearly, within FTX England [and Wales], they blend seamlessly, to the point they can be hard to find visually! And of course, they all sit at the correct elevation for the FTX England and Wales custom mesh.

But, if I turn OFF England, Wales and Scotland, using FTX Global instead, the airfields are still there. But, they do not blend as well with Global as they do in their respective region, and with some, there are elevation mismatches due to FTX Global using the FSX default terrain mesh.

Southampton for example looks fine in either EU England or Global, whereas in my own experience, Elstree does not. Old Warden also works well, but the photoreal area is just that little bit more obvious in Global. Cardiff looks fine to a point, until you see the cliffs on final approach!

Australia 'might' be a little different, in that [i believe] it uses the default mesh, until such a time you download and install the freeware 'Holger Mesh' for the region. Australia might be a little easier in that regard.

I currently run both P3D V1:4 and FSX, both for different things. On P3D I currently only have FTX Global, which I'll add vector to, and land classes as they become available. In FSX I only use regions, as I now have them all except for Ireland, although I have FTX Global and UTX Europe installed there too.

I'm in the process of adding freeware and payware airports to regions [in FSX], as well as the Global representation of those regions in P3D, and whilst most things seem to work, its just a question of how much you are prepared to live with the various 'issues'. The only 'perfect' match is that of a region specific FTX airport in that specific FTX region. The advantage of using some in FTX Global is the FPS increase you might [or might not] experience. I get 4 FPS more at Southampton in Global than I do at the same location in FTX England.

Thnks for your answer, Mike. Thats helps me to understand what is all about.

Just a litle question: If I am buying now the FTX AU SP4 and FTX EU, instal them in my FSX, do I have then to apply FTX Global in the Global Panel or shoul I install again FTX Global and patches up to 1.2 and ORBXLIBS too?

Best Regards

Marius L.

Southampton. I can't remember if this is EU England or Global!

it84.jpg

And whatever THAT one was, this is the other:

oyq5.jpg

Clearly not a "deal breaker" in Global!

Okay. At the moment you only have FTX global, yes? Install AU, then the latest Library, then set FTX central to Oceana or Australia and then run  the patch and then the Library again, just for good measure. Strange things might occur, because AU is old, Global is new, and things changed in-between. Then set Central to "Global" add EU England, run the library, run the patches, run the Library, and all should be well. Running the Library tends to sort most problems with FTX central out. I installed every region back to back, with patches, and the Library was my salvation on more than one occasion. Don't panic if you get multiple icons in central, or if Australia suddenly becomes Oceania, or Global becomes "default". Run the Library after pretty much everything!

I guess what you are seeing is the photoreal area around the airport. Obviously that will look the same, regardless of whether its in AU or Global. Beyond that, Global is a little "greener" than the region depiction, but then I suppose the dedicated land class for Oceania will change that for the better. It was only really meant to show that Melbourne will work within global without any glaring issues such as monumental cliffs or crevices, but I think the OP has been swayed towards the full region pack at sale prices anyway, so good for him! lol

Archived