p3d v2 and opus weather

Capnsully

Plus a very nice landing, I think this video explains the immersion thing perfectly.

If you want a flight with that x factor then fly p3d

If you want pretty screenshots then stay with fsx, for me now all the fsx screenies are looking very unrealistic, very pretty but no soul.

Probably gonna get slammed for saying that but thats how it feels for me, I cant go back to fsx.

More videos please Simmo, they are excellent

Cheers

Thanks Kens. Yes I'm really enjoying the handling of the F-22, very controllable with all that grunt.

KT - yes, just have the one monitor with 1080 by 1920. I'm embarassed to detail the scenery slider settings - Max complexity and 2nd highest for the trees & autogen! I lock my frames to 33, and generally saw 30, though FRAPS eats a few frames while recording. In other words it's marvelously fluid and immersive. I use Max cloud settings which really adds to the look. I don't use terrain shadows (cast), but I do receive from trees, sim objects and have internal shadows on as well. The GTX780 card (overclock edition) was the best simming purchase I've ever made, it really changes the experience.

not sure how a 777 would perform with such settings, I bet I'd have to turn them down quite a bit. But then again, it's only early days for the sim re. tuning and optimisation. Personally, I could keep flying my Maule and the F-22 for years exploring the Global scenery and still stay happy. At least I'd finally become proficient at one plane, rather than half-arsed at 15-20 paywares!

Archived