YBBN Brisbane causes FSX crash

Striker

I have never been able to fly  from ORBX Brisbane Airport or within 50nm without FSX freezing or crashing since I installed it. As most of my flights are from YPMQ to YBCS, it was annoying and unrealistic to avoid the 50nm 'Brisbane no go ' zone, so I uninstalled all my ORBX sceneries as per instructions within this Forum in an attempt to fix the problem. I then defragged my HDD.

I then re-installed my scenery files this way -

FTX SP4002, then ORBX Brisbane(with SP 1.20,1.21) my other ORBX airports(all with current Sp's). I then installed my freeware FTX airports, Holgermesh (latest) and then the latest updated FTX libraries and updates.

I started FSX set the settings as per FTX Australia manual, loaded the default C172 to fly from Brisbane Gate 23, loaded FSX, the screen opened with the 172 parked at the Gate for a brief time before FSX locked then stopped working. In another attempt I started FSX again, loaded the 172 from Goldcoast(YBCG) airport, which is about 60nm from Brisbane, flew to Jacobs Well (YJCW) about 40nm from Brisbane and again FSX froze then crashed.

I uninstalled ORBX Brisbane, loaded the default Brisbane(yuk) airport and no problems.

I have a fairly reasonable computer setup up with a good video card with current driver. (Intel i7-3.2.ghz, 12gig ram, radeon 7750 2g, win 7 prof 64bit)

Any thoughts, suggestions on how I can fix this?

Hi Striker, I recently had my first OOM since a long time, when flying the Aerosoft Airbus from Cairns to YBBN, and I "could" repeat the crash with a Carenado KA200 from Toowoomba to YBBN. However, I had Terrain LOD to 7.5, and all airport features active - i think this was just too much for my system.

My suggestion: try to reduce autogen, the airport features and/or the terrain LOD. Keep my fingers crossed that you can discover YBBN this way!

Mate, I know that seems obvious, but if no one complained of a similar problem, and Brisbane is much lowered, I ask you if your copy is not damaged? Have you tried downloading another?

Cheers,

Sinesio

Hi Stilwater, Mallard and Sinesio - thanks for your replies.

I reduced the autogen and LOD, changed to photo-real ground textures and had already downloaded a second copy thinking it might be a corrupt file. I duplicated the YBCG-YBBN flight in the C172. After departing OOL my framerates were 50-70fps as I approached JCW they reduced to 25-28 then down to 18, FSX then froze and crashed. I then restarted FSX loaded YBBN at Gate 23  in the C172. Before engine start the framerate was 20fps, I started up and began to taxi to Rwy01, the framerate went down to 15fps then again, froze and crashed. I have other scenery intense aiports installed - YMML, YBCS and YSCB which I get 40-60fps during taxi, and can fly into/ouof no probs! There seems to be some confliction with YBBN (maybe a rogue bgl or texture). Are there any library files with the FTX libraries that could cause the problem, why am I only getting low framerates at YBBN and not the others?

I'm at a loss as to what it may be.

Archived