Why can't I SELECT YSSY as departure airport after FTX AU install?

Douglas McLaughlin

I can't manually select YSSY as a departure airport with FSX, when FTX AU is activated. I can depart from Bankstown and LAND @ YSSY but I can't START from there. When YSSY is highlighted in the airport selections on the FSX menu as soon as I hit OK it switches to Botany Bay!

What am I not doing correctly?

FTX NA PNW

FTX AU All 4 Regions

FTX NA SAK

FTX NA PFJ

FTX NA NRM

FTX NA CRM

FTX NA PAJN

Hi Douglas, I am surprised by your message, as it worked for me last week. I am sure you have done

- installation of AU with all service packs / patches from the http://fullterrain.com/support.html site

- installation of the current lib file from the same page (as latest instal)

- activation in FTX central (as you described above)

- actualisation of any nav database you might use (e. g. Plan-G, FSFK, or any plane that uses its own nav-db)

Still no way to find Kingsford Smith? Maybe a conflict in the order of your FSX scenery database entries?

To big for me mate

..sounds like it could be an FSX corruption rather than a FTX issue...something has gone bad on you

Hope some of the boffins on the forum can help you

Have you run the latest libs since loading Aussie???..always good to do and that can fix many things !!

Stu

I loaded YSSY into my FSX with Oceania selected in FTX Central from the main start screen and although the select airport screen says Kingsford Smith the location in the upper right of the main FSX screen reads Botany Bay.  However once the sim loads the A/C is sitting on the runway at YSSY.  Also tried it with Global set to Hybrid mode and got the same results.

Archived