V2 YMML and YMEN testing

Capnsully

To counter some of the negative reports I'm reading over at AVSIM re performance and OOMs, I thought I'd take a quick look at these airports in V2 of P3D.

Ok, my install was a ridiculously quick and dirty job (just add the scenery via the library!), but it looks damn good from the air. And the pleasing result is that my frames were over 22, in fact they shoul've been higher but I had Chrome open & downloading a file. When I stopped that the frames went up another 4.

I've never flown around YMEN with such smooth frames. This is with FTX Global, autogen maxxed out.  All with my now average card (GTX670). Apols about the antialiasing, we know they're working on that...

mE3Ja.jpg

sAZX.jpg

qS4F.jpg

HlFjQ.jpg

qnjf3.jpg

iHTcP.jpg

rXZWp.jpg

JfMc.jpg

I'm sure purists would note small errors, but at 300kt it's hard to notice them, if at all.

Small errors? I notice that you are flying over a barren and blurry wasteland... (painfully obvious in screens 5 and 6).  I should sincerely hope that those kind of framerates can be achieved under those conditions.

Sorry, but I have yet to see a single screenshot anywhere which would even lead me to begin to consider thinking about even tending towards P3D2.

Cheers

Mallard

I'm fully aware that the base textures are Global, as the installers for the regions have not been released yet. The "wasteland" statement was, however, more aimed at the almost complete lack of autogen. I see vast amounts of barren terrain with a sporadic tree and house on the horizon...

And it's under those conditions where I simply think that any rig should be able to reach the framerates you're showing here.

Cheers

Mallard

Archived