OrbX stuff outside of the Windows drive ?

dominique

I'm working on designing  a new Windows 7 rig for P3D with possibly a dedicated SSD for the sim. Do OrbX sceneries (regions, Global, Vector etc.) accept to be installed on a non C: drive, outside of  the drive where W7 is, without any hitch ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I'm working on designing  a new Windows 7 rig for P3D with possibly a dedicated SSD for the sim. Do OrbX sceneries (regions, Global, Vector etc.) accept to be installed on a non C: drive without any hitch ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I have always used a drive that separate from the OS.  My flight sim drive is D and there are no problems

Do OrbX sceneries (regions, Global, Vector etc.) accept to be installed on a non C: drive, outside of  the drive where W7 is, without any hitch ?

Orbx accept to be installed on any drive you have but... it has to be the drive that FSX is on! You don't need to install Orbx or FSX on the C drive if you don't want to: it is often adviced to NOT do it (and if you do it, don't do it in the default Program FIles folder!). So if you install FSX (or P3D) on that new SSD, Orbx will automatically follow and be installed on that disc too. No problem and also no other option. (Unless you start using Windows junction options but that's far beyond the scope of this topic.)

Even better, mates: This old post shows how to split FSX and ORBX on 2 drives, in my case a SSD for FSX, and a HD for sceneries. 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/55939-i-want-more-orbx-products-but-no-more-space/?hl=dirlinker#entry501161

I would nearly suggest to keep this hint fixed in the most useful tips & tricks...

Archived