Confused - P3D V2 - Orbx Compatible Products

boleyd

Reading various messages my interpretation of all of them is that the only ORBX product that can be used in P3D V2.0 is Global. Thus all of the Orbx stuff I have will not work until a migrator or update for each product is made available. Is this a correct assumption?

Further to this question. I currently have the Orbx Control Panel workign for FSX. If I reinstall FTX Global in P3D will I get another instance of the Orbx Control Panel ? Or will I get a second instance of FTX Global in the existing Orbx Control Panel ?

Thanks

Further to this question. I currently have the Orbx Control Panel workign for FSX. If I reinstall FTX Global in P3D will I get another instance of the Orbx Control Panel ? Or will I get a second instance of FTX Global in the existing Orbx Control Panel ?

Thanks

You get a new control panel for P3D.

I thought that reading that message the quick answer is that no regions are available under V2. So I went ahead and simply referenced my old 1.4 regions in the new V2 scenery folder. They appear and "seem" to look ok. PNW, SAK, NRN. Airports also work using the same referencing of assets in the old V1.4 BUT the airport sets higher than the underlying ground. I saw somewhere a bunch of BGLs that seem directed to elevation. If I can find them again I'll just stick the in a scenery folder and ref in the V2.0 scenery manager.

There must be a simpler multi-step process for this stuff. For those unwilling to wait for a formal easy process perhaps something could be cobbled together as a step by step thing.

There is a good reason most of our regions and airports are not yet available for P3D2 - it was only released less than 24 hours ago :)

Linking or moving files and "cobbling together" will leave you stranded in unsupported territory and certainly our support staff will not be offering advice to anyone trying to make our addons work in P3D2 without waiting for our new installers.

Rome was not built in a day. There is nothing to stop you enjoying all your Orbx products in FSX/P3D1 until the new installers are released.

There is a good reason most of our regions and airports are not yet available for P3D2 - it was only released less than 24 hours ago :)

Linking or moving files and "cobbling together" will leave you stranded in unsupported territory and certainly our support staff will not be offering advice to anyone trying to make our addons work in P3D2 without waiting for our new installers.

Rome was not built in a day. There is nothing to stop you enjoying all your Orbx products in FSX/P3D1 until the new installers are released.

Yes sir! But you have spoiled us with your art-work!

So flying over default terrain isn't much of an option!

So I have to buy FTXG eventually!

Smart move from you! ;)

Archived