Trackir 5 ?

FILOU

Is there a software that uses a HD-webcam (e.g. of a laptop) to do the same as TrackIR?

A modern HD-webcam with a software should be able to recognise the eyes and the nose and "to see" were the user is looking at.

Any ideas if something like this is already available?

I don`t know about a specific software, but if you search the web for something like "Freeware head tracking" or the likes, you`ll get tons of information how to build your own head tracking device using a web cam and some software - personally it was a bit too complicated for my taste, but it might be an alternative for those with less money and lots of free time to get into this. Personally, I´d rather spent some $ on a solution that works right from the start as did Track IR for me than use the few, precious hours I have each month for flight simming on trial and error do-it-yourself hardware kits.

Cheers,

Fabian

Hello,

I have TrackR v5 but have not been able to adjust the settings properly. Does anyone know if TrackR 5 has any preset settngs? Or may share their settings? Or are there any detalled instructions on how to set up the settings?

One problem is  I do not sit directly in front of the monitor, for comfort I sit a little to the side of the monitor.

Larry

I don`t know about a specific software, but if you search the web for something like "Freeware head tracking" or the likes, you`ll get tons of information how to build your own head tracking device using a web cam and some software - personally it was a bit too complicated for my taste, but it might be an alternative for those with less money and lots of free time to get into this. Personally, I´d rather spent some $ on a solution that works right from the start as did Track IR for me than use the few, precious hours I have each month for flight simming on trial and error do-it-yourself hardware kits.

Cheers,

Fabian

So do I, Fabian!

I set up my laptop for use while I travel and thought it would be nice to have a "built-in-head-tracker" using the webcam.

And I think it should be possible with todays hard- and software.

Good luck!  I've never tried it as I have a trackir and I don't have a webcam on my gaming PC anyways, but I've heard that it works if your background isn't too noisy.

-stefan

So do I!

But I have set up my laptop for flying while I travel and don't want to carry my TrackIR with me all the time ...

Archived