Deep Ruts at Juneau

signmanbob

Hello,

I purchased PAJN Juneau and also have FTX Southern Alaska, but I am getting deep ruts, that shouldn't be there, ruining my beautiful FTX airport.

I don't know what I've done to mess up this airport, because none of my other FTX airports are like this, that I know of.

Could you please provide some suggestions on what I should do to remedy this problem? Your help is appreciated so much.

Thank you,

Bob

order # FSS0220264

order # FSS0234725PAJNMessedUpwithFTXNA_zpscb2351f1.jpg

UTX Alaska is a possible culprit here, but so is any AI traffic programs you might have.

Run a search on the root of your FSX install location for any file containing "PAJN" and rename any file found OUTSIDE of the "ORBX" folder to ".off"

Also, with FSX runing, go to your "World > Scenery Library" menu and make sure the entry for PAJN is above the SAK entries.

fwiw, I have read about how UTX and Orbx should work well together. Yesterday, I wanted to fly out of KSAN, and noticed how there was what appeared to be elevated and multiple highways. I took a look at my scenery library, and decided to uncheck the UTX highway file, went back to KSAN, and everything ws perfect. BTW, I also have recently installed the terrain.cfg update put together by Nick Needham over at simforum....he advised rechecking all of the UTX files in the UTX configurator program....which I did....anyway, bottom line is things are looking great, primarily because of ORBX. and, to state the obvious, I suggest that anytime thngs seem out of sorts, take a look at conflicts in the scenery structure....

Sherm

I ran into this problem yesterday at Juneau and again today at 0S9 in PNW. What, if any, addon mesh do you have?

When I first got FTXGlobal I was running around full fat region areas (disengaged in FTX Central) so I could see what FTXGlobal textures was doing with default L/C and FSGlobal Ultimate Mesh (I have all 3 packages). compared to the full fat FTX regions in North America.

When I finished with FTXGlobal I returned to this area after I first deactivated the FSGlobal Mesh for North America in the scenery library, then activated FTX NA region in FTX Central.

I checked scenery/world/scenery looking for any BGL's that might have got turned .OFF, but all was well there.

The problem at Juneau was I was running my FSGlobal Ult Mesh at below 5M. Reset the mesh res and all appears well now.

The problem I ran into at 0S9 was I sunk below the runway at touchdown to go along with all taxiways and the runway being several feet below the rest of the surrounding terrain.

To fix that I reapplied the PNW Patch 005 followed by the current libs.

I think there might be some minor mismatches going from FTX Regional mesh to FSGlobal mesh and back. So far these are the only 2 AP's I've run into these issues at.

I took screens at both locations but the above one shows the problem exactly as I experienced it.

This is an Orbx/FSGlobal install only, no other scenery related addons of any sort. So there are no other possible incompatablities as far as I can tell.

Hello everyone,

Thanks to all of you for your help.  I did a search and found a tool on the Orbx forum that shuts off certain UTX files that conflict with FTX.

I followed the instructions and updated UTX to the latest version, then ran the tool and, to my amazement, everything looks perfect at and around Juneau and the FTX scenery looks amazing.  Now I can enjoy it and plan a lot of flights out of and to Juneau.  I love the Alaska scenery, and the fact that I can enjoy it without experiencing the cold.  ;)

Archived