Bit of a wrap for Warnervale.

teecee

I wrote this two days after the release of Warnervale and forgot to post it.. It may encourage some who are not sure about this magic scenery.. at least I hope so.

When is a game not a game? When you fly FSX Orbx Warnervale, that’s when.

For real world would be pilots, a big problem is the cost.. Not sure what it costs in Australia now, but in the US it’s from $120 to $150 per hour (that’s over AU$210 an hour). That is a lot of money just to learn some of the techniques such as flying the circuit.. spotting waypoints and land marks, and doing touch and goes.. so many trainees turn to flight simulators for help, though in truth, the scenery in FSX is lacking somewhat in detail and accuracy. Until now that is.. for AU$30 you can buy a piece of scenery so close to the real thing that it is uncanny. Warnervale, by Orbx.. a piece of simulator magic that gives you all the detail and the look and feel of real life flying.. where you can practice your touch and goes, learn to spot those hard to find landmarks and waypoints, identify much of the scenery from real life maps and charts if you have them, at whatever time of day or night you choose, and under whatever weather conditions you choose too.

So how good is this piece of FS history?.. well for me it is VERY good, in fact to date I have yet to fault it. Everything is where it should be, and looks like it should look, and many of the buildings in this 59 Square kilometer area are custom made from Photographs. The ambiance of the airport is something else.. although I have only wandered around alone at this time, but as a multiplayer base it would be magic.. everything you need is there.. from the Telstra phone box to the interior views of the clubhouse.. from the peeling paint on the fenceposts to the handpainted signs on the fence, and from the dedicated runup area and  weedy taxiways to the narrow runway. the feeling of being there is like nothing  I have seen before..

So why not see for yourself.. Teecee.

Thank you Teecee,  your words mean a lot to me. I have worked about 100 hours on the scenery and took a lot of time for "fine-tuning" as I say. There are always things you would like to have better as a designer and the question is where do you make compromises or not. As we had the goal to finish it by Christmas we had to let it go by sometime to be released. You are never finished with a product, but somehow you have to come to an end. But your comment shows me that we fulfilled 95% what could be done for a scenery of a small airport. To give it an authentic character is my personal goal for every product I make. So I hope to continue with other projects soon  :).

Cheers

Andreas Hegi

Andreas, You may have noticed in my posts that I am an outspoken grumpy old bugger.. but I give credit where it is due, and with everything Orbx.. credit is due. and a little more so with Warnervale.. So you are welcome mate. Teecee.

Very well said there teecee, I could not have put it better you have said it all. It is a fantastic piece of work by all concerened and the team deserve credit and thanks for all the time and hard work they have put in on this.

cheers

Iain.

I totally agree. Andreas has created a masterpeice of Warnervale and the feel of flying around is very realistic. As a pilot who has been trained at Warnervale and has been flying for about 10 years now, although the last 2 years I have had a little break, this airport is one of the best I have seen as far as realism and acuracy is concerned. My hat off to you Andreas and the whole ORBx team.

Archived